585,987 active members*
4,224 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: hass SL-10

hass SL-10

The tailstock will slowly start coming out even when its locked in place over a period of a day it may be sticking out a couple inches. how do i fix this worried about a crash with the machining running all day.

Mine tailstock ram slowly drifts out too. If you turn the pressure down to zero it won't drift out. I did this for awhile but the ram started to get corroded from sitting in one spot and from coolant. Now I just let it drift that way I'm forced to move it everyday and it doesn't corrode.

Command an M22 at the beginning of your programs. This will ensure that there is force holding it in position.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

fix

I have this exact machine and same exact problem. If you rebuild/replace all the seals in the tail stock it will help. But to make absolutely certain the tail stock doesn't drift into a problem area while in automatic operation I actually removed 2 of the 6 1/4-20 screws from the face of the tail stock and used the threaded holes to bolt a narrow plate over the tapered hole for the centre. even with the hydraulic pressure cranked it won't pull the screws from the treads if you accidentally hit the tail sock switch while the cover is in place. has prevented crashes for years now.