585,992 active members*
5,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma & Howa Millac 8VA

Okuma & Howa Millac 8VA

Well here's another fun problem. We have this Okuma & Howa Millac 8VA with a 15MA control, and just the other day the digital display on the side of the machine for the magazine's tool numbers just went out. Machine still running great, just now my operator has no idea of any tool numbers, which makes it hard to call them up to touch off. I have traced wires back and found that there is a problem with the display controller. So called okuma with this info and several pictures of all numbers on this controller, and of course none match there part numbers. So does anyone have any idea about this controller, and where I could possibly find one? Mine says it is a type III I did find a type II on ebay but nobody knows if it will work. Here are all pictures I have. Picture 903 is the cover for the controller. Also in 907 the first set of letters and numbers are hard to see but it reads "PC-10302". Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-903F.JPG   MVC-904F.JPG   MVC-906F.JPG   MVC-907F.JPG  

the board looks very simple. just get it repaired by someone who repairs circuit boards. it probably has a chip failure, very easy to fix if you know how

We just bought a 43v and it had the same problem before we purchased it. The machinery dealer we purchased it from repaired it before we bought it. He said it was a bad power supply. They got it from Grainger. Otherwise we have gotten boards from a place in tennessee for our 4va. The 4va has a fanuc 6m on it and the 43v has a fanuc 0m on it. Planning on making the first chips tomorrow on the 43v.

Hope this helps,
    Kyle

Thanks for all the input guys, Okuma supposedly found one in Japan for us. But surprise surprise, it's not there. Found an outfit in Georgia quoting a repair on it for us, so for now its just a waiting game. But I am continuing to search to keep our options open. I know the power supply is definitely one problem, but one of our guys saw sparks from board too. Even though I can't find any burnt or blown components on board, we'd like to have it completely looked over just to be safe.

Thanks again for everyone's input we took a chance on a power supply. We found one cheap with MSC and they could get it to us next day so we gave it a shot. And thank goodness we have a little luck left on our side. Fired up the machine and the tool display is back up and running. Boss is a happy camper!