584,837 active members*
5,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > Problems with Kitamura MyCenter 1 -1983, spindle and z-axis not working

Problems with Kitamura MyCenter 1 -1983, spindle and z-axis not working

Hello!

We have Kitamura MyCenter 1 with Fanuc 3M control. The machine is old, I belive that it´s around 1983.

The machine has been working fine, but yesterday it stopped.
    It´s has been doing very simple program, that only uses y- and x- axis and the spindle is running 5krpm.

The machine stopped in the beginning of the program. When I command in MDI the spindle to run example 5krpm the spindle starts to run, but VERY slowly. I belive that the speed is 3rpm. Also the Z-axis is dead, the X- and Y- axis are working fine. The machine has no alarms, not in the front panel and all the servos have no errors in the cabinet. All ready-lights are green.

In MDI when I command to change tool, the spindle orientates with the right speed, but stops after that (because the Z-axis is not working)

I also tried to start with Cancel + P, but no help.

What is the component that shares spindle and Z-axis? That could be the culprit...

Thanks, is someone has even a clue/suggestion for this problem!

Problem solved!

Switch in the ATC was stuck/broken.
    The machine though that the ATC is not home and that´s why it jammed spindle and z-axis (for safety).

I can recommend Kitamuras technical help, they advised me to check the switches. Very good service for machine that is over 20-years old!

Go Kitamura!

Kitamura

Vezku,

I just saw your post this morning. Glad you were able to get your problem resolved.

We just bought a similar machine (Mid-80's Mycenter 1 w/Fanuc 3M control.)

There's not alot of support for these machines anymore so why don't you and I exchange email addresses to support one another whenever the need arises.
    (F.Y. I. / I used to be a Kitamura service tech back in the 90's.)

Best regards,

Wayne Brown
    (emexcee380)

[email protected]

Vezku,
    You just saved our butts as well, Just had an 87' Myventer 2B go down with the exact issues you had, and our maint guy found this thread. Just had to hop on and give you a thanks!
    2x 87' Kitamura Mycenter 2B's, 98' Daewoo ACE V-35, and for the special projects, '05 Dremel tool.