584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

In Depth Info on Walters Grinder Needed

Hi,

As of this week my companies Walter grinder will have no operator, and me and my other co worker that are supposed to be trained on it have no formal or informal training. I have a manual that shows the functions and how it works, what type of wheels, and some basic programs to set up, but we don't even know how to get started.

So far we have been able to turn the machine on and pull up the screen for referancing the axis'. Unfortunately we have not gotten through referancing them. Also as of today another error message popped up saying 'Move gripper slide up before moving loader axis.'

My main question is; Is there a step by step manual for running this machine that can be accessed through a pdf download? Otherwise is there anyone that would be willing to help me learn the basics of using this machine?

I have searched this forum and a few others as well as google search in search of answers, but have not found anything that can help me along.

Thanks in advance

I figured out the gripper arm retract.

Now we're trying to go through the start up procedure. We are stuck on step 8. Activate the grinding spindle motor.

Do the grinding wheels spin during this step?

feel free to ask me any questions.
    just send me a private message and i'll give you my e-mail address.
    the Walters wont be that easy to learn without some sort of training.
    were are you located? I was working as a consultant providing training for Walter grinders as part of my service. I live in Canada, but I have done training in the USA.
    Maybe I can help.

walter helictronic 45

Please, could any one tell me, what are the part number for valves parker that walter helictronic 45.

I dont have the diagrams, Please if some consultor can sellme.

Thanks four help in advance

Re: In Depth Info on Walters Grinder Needed

I acn give you the , specific parker valves, only let me get the number, I have several of each If you want I can sel you , this ares discontinue.

I've recently purchased a number of Walter Grinders 3 500's and 2 400's year 2000 vintage and am in need of a service tech to help me get them up to speed. Would you have a reference who could do this?

where are you located? Have you tried United Grinding? I do consulting for these machines, mechanical and training. I am very busy now, but keep in touch, maybe I can help. send me a private message on this site, and I can give you my email.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndcar View Post
    Hi,

As of this week my companies Walter grinder will have no operator, and me and my other co worker that are supposed to be trained on it have no formal or informal training. I have a manual that shows the functions and how it works, what type of wheels, and some basic programs to set up, but we don't even know how to get started.

So far we have been able to turn the machine on and pull up the screen for referancing the axis'. Unfortunately we have not gotten through referancing them. Also as of today another error message popped up saying 'Move gripper slide up before moving loader axis.'

My main question is; Is there a step by step manual for running this machine that can be accessed through a pdf download? Otherwise is there anyone that would be willing to help me learn the basics of using this machine?

I have searched this forum and a few others as well as google search in search of answers, but have not found anything that can help me along.

Thanks in advance
    Hi 2ndcar,
    If you are starting from scratch it will be difficult to learn even basic operation of the machine.
    Walter makes great machines and they have new powerful T.S. software(also complicated), one thing they are not good at is publishing good manual's.
    Try to get some support/training from Walter, this will save you machine down time.