584,829 active members*
4,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > DM 3000H machine info... pre purchase suggestions

DM 3000H machine info... pre purchase suggestions

On the lookout for a machine that'll handle more than my little Sherline. Saw some cheaper 3000H units out there but have no information on them. Google doesn't bring much up, mostly just links back to this section of the forum.

Currently using Bobcad v24, will the machine accept the programs?

How easy is it to get them up and running? Seems like I've seen more rebuild/retrofit threads than actual working machines.

I need something that will consistently put out about 3000 small parts a month, they're at the upper limit of the Sherline, would I be better off looking for a different machine altogether instead of the Dyna?

The Dyna is a wonderful machine but it wont run gcode in its stock configuration. Along with that, the software and dongle wont be included in the sale of your machine (if it is I would be amazed as most Dyna owners have looked extensively prior to modding their mills or lathes). It will run its own built in software if your machine includes the membrane keypad. This software once understood could possibly do the processes you need for those parts. It is a very accurate and capable machine. The 3000H has a 3 hp spindle and will turn a 4" item 7" in length according to the manual. I personally measure 11" of travel in Z on mine. The 1's on ebay at the time of this posting are priced kind of high in comparison to what I have seen in the past but now there is much more public info (cnczone) and that must be driving up the prices!

Btw, I have a Sherline too and though it is a wonderful machine for what it is. The Dyna is an INDUSTRIAL machine. Solid with excellent electronics.