585,708 active members*
3,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Yasnac MX1 machine control comm

I have my machine hooked up to a DNC program on a computer. it transmits the data reliably only part of the time. I can correct this by removeing all of the end of block characters that do not contain a line of code. but sometimes it just does it a random. my question is does any one know what settings work well on this control or are there setup problems that might be causing this problem. I am running the machine at 1200baud the cable does not take advantage of the functions required for drip feed but like I said it works most of the time. the error is that a TH parity error occurs, it also sends a stop signal to my DNC and my DNC waits to send more data. the problem at this point is only anoying as it has not limited my ability to use the machine. I am bringing it up because there is an incredible amount of knowlage and experiance here. it is were I go for the tough ones.

thanks,
    Ray,
    Life is a choice, death is choice poorly made.

I ended up writing my own drip feeder for my MX1. I happy to report it works pretty much perfectly. But it did take me a long time to get the settings right as well as a properly wired cable.

What flow control to you have the MX1 set up for?
    What do you mean "the cable does not take advantage of the functions required for drip feed"?

I only found your thread because I am currently looking at options for upgrading the MX1 because it's too slow and mine won't do helical interpolation.