585,996 active members*
4,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M32 "Z"height offset question

Mazak m32 vert mill AJV 32. I have a z height offset problem. Using eia. I want to jog down to my touch off gage and set z Tool offset. Does tool data Page have anything to do with this. Tools are touched of in eia/ tool offsets page. I have an integrex but it is way different. This ajv makes no sense. What do the tool length numbers I get from the tool presetter do, is it for mazatrol only? I want to light this machine on fire! (flame2)(flame2)Manuals are all crazy Japanese/English/worthless. I want this machine to work like haas mill z offsets. I bought the machine used for an easy job we do all the time. Maybe previous owner did some perameter magic. Here is what I have done so far. G54 location in x and y is good. G54 z value is zero. Cad system is set z zero 7 inches above table. Touched all my tools 7 inches above table in eia tool offset page. When I run the program all tools are a couple inches above where they should be. I also used the Mazak tool probe to set length values for the tools. Please help

See attached file for parameter settings to use Mazatrol tool data with EIA/gcode programs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you! This is probably it. Do I use the Mazak tool setter for anything when using these parameters and using eia?

Use the tool setter for all tools for Mazatrol and g-code. No G43 H## needed for length offsets. You can use Mazatrol and g-code together that way also. G54 Z is the finished top of the part.

Smile

Ok, I did all the stuff you said, everything works but there is a 2.600 inch differance in z offset. I suspect someone added an offset in some perameter. I just offset z in work offset page to adjust it out. Would like to find and fix this persmeter. Also, g41 with eia program "wear comp" does not read tool diam. If I have a g41 and a D value the machine makes big circles instead of my one inch test hole. If I take the "d" out it cuts but does not read tool Diam offset. I have not tried eia "control comp"program yet. Any ideas?

Picture of my Parameters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.JPG  

Zero out the tool offset registers and remeasure all the tools in Tool Data. Use one of the remeasured tools to touch off the workpiece for the G54 or WPC. If you set the parameters off that sheet you don't need D values with the G41. The machine will use the Mazatrol tool data for cutter comp. Make sure you turn off the control when you change any parameters to reset them . If you want sample code I can post that as well.

I posted the perameters to show that they are set correctly. Please post a sample program, because my g41 is not using the cutter diam. thank you for all your help.

Sample program attached

I am extremely grateful for all your help! I see the G41 on one line all by itself before the first move. My programs don't look like that. I will try this format and see if it works. Om my CAM system there is a choice for "wear comp" or "control comp", wear comp is what I want to use. Control comp needs entry arcs that are too large for the tool I want to use. If my programs look like your sample, is that "control" or "wear" or does it matter. Can this control do wear comp?

The program I posted uses wear comp (offset set to zero). The control uses the diameter in tool data so the program would be different for the parameter settings you have. Check the attached file for updated program using diameter comp for Mazatrol tool data.

Can I set this machine up to use wear comp, I will NEVER use mazatrol,,,,,ever. What I really want to use is wear comp like your first test sample program. Is this possible on this m32?

Set the machine parameters listed on page 2 of the attached file to uses tool offsets like any other machine. You will need G43 H and G41 D codes in your program and it will ignore Mazatrol tool data.

Thanks! That's what I want, for this Mazak to work like any other machine. I love all my Mazak machines, I don't like mazatrol. So on the offset page for Eia tools there is only one column next to each tool number. Do I use a different offset number for the "D", example, G41 H1 D101. And then in 101 use .001 etc for the offset?

Thats correct. Have your post add 100 to the tool number and use that for D value.

Smile

Thanks!!!!

Re: M32 "Z"height offset question

I'm having some similar problems with my VTC we changed the parameters for Z and it was F93 but is there another parameter for x? while running the EIA program it doesn't seem to pick up the mazatrol tool data for the diameter of the tool.