585,930 active members*
4,157 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Is dolphin still alive and well??

Is dolphin still alive and well??

I feel that my time would be best buying/learning a completely new software.

My biggest mistake was buying a new computer.

I'm not a computer genius, NOR do I have the time to enlist in this endeavor.
    I am not a professional machinist or computer programmer. CNC is a tool I use to enhance the productivity of my livelyhood.

If I buy a tool that works well, on workbench "A" ; and move it to workbench "B", it should work also. Dolphin Cam is nearly impossible to tranfers, Andre tries well, but. I have not the computer savy . to complete this task.

I feel like I have bought into a lemon.

My request is simple:

Simple Step by step instructions for non-computergeeks to be able to---

LOAD program

Activate liscence (AGAIN)

WHere in the crap do I stick the Mach3 post processor.( normally a hammer a screwdriver would do well for me.)

I can probably handle the rest.

The price for a "Dongle" is way to high, and would probably not be the solution. Something else would be incompatable and would need a upgrade or $olution.

Looking at the discussion dates (lack of recent activity) on Dolphin/Yahoo/group it seems as if there is little interest in Dolphin cad/cam by others.

I found the Dolphin CAD/CAM program very useful. The videos were the selling point. I was able to watch the videos (overandoveragin) and became fairly proficient a making the parts I needed.

BUT

I CANNOT use the tool I have bought(software). My cnc machine sits Idle. I can make more parts of programs I have.

I have spent more hours than necessary on a simple task and failed. The experience has put a bad taste in my mouth.

I Feel dolphin has a great user easy program. BUT The Hassel and diffficulty of switching computers should be WARNING to others to whom are not computer geeks.

My old computer was a Xp now I have a win7.

I have recieved an new activation key But, my old computer was still online. therfore my new "magic number" Failed. then my old computer failed , now I am in limbo. It seems to be to much trouble/bother to ask for a new one.

"CNC zone" Is a greatest tool. It has answered many questions.
    If you do not have "BIG BUCKS" for software and training,then, stay on the porch. I feel like the dog that is chasing the car, then --SMACKO--- the car slams on it brakes.

In all fairness, at least Dolphin gives you the dongle option. Most companies charge you extra right up front for the dongle while building the cost into the package.