585,962 active members*
3,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Plasma, EDM / Other similar machine Project Log > Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster A120/ Raw Arc Voltage card from CandCnc

Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster A120/ Raw Arc Voltage card from CandCnc

The rear of the A120 has the conector plug with a diagram of the pins, 3 & 4 are start stop; 12 & 14 are ok-to move; 6(+) & 5(-) divided arc voltage. I have the MIC-02; raw arc voltage card; thc sensor pwm; usb to rs485 high speed serial adapter from CandCNC. I'm not sure if i even need the RAV card now or what I really need to install/ hookup. If anyone has set up an A120, I need some help please. The A120 also came with a conector with a cord not sure what this is for and the clip that goes on the torch head. Thanks, Tim

The A series units do not come with an internal voltage divider card unless you order it special (Automation Interface Card). I think you will find that pins 5 & 6 have nothing connected. The other pins work as labeled.

You have everything you need to connect up the A120. The RAV-01 is installed inside and the TIP VOLTS connections goe to the RAW ARC VOLTS (undivided volts) in the unit (see their manual to find the spot to connect) The RAV-01 ships with two cables. You don't need the 4 pin cable. Just the shielded stereo cable. It plugs in the jack on the RAV-01 and gets routed out to the THC Sensor PWM module on the outside.

The MIC-02 cable plugs in the CPC connector in one end and into the 4 pin jack on the THC SENSOR PWM on the other end.

Thats it. you don't need any other cables, cards or clips.

The DTHCII manual covers all of this in detail with illustrations and stuff for the TD units

TOM caudle
    www.candcnc.com.

Thanks Tom, I found it, it seems that I misplaced a couple of the pages when I printed out the manual.