585,992 active members*
5,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Converting a chinese laser

Dear friends
    I know that this is an old topic, but there are differences here:
    First: I am a doctor which take electronics as a hobby and have no electrical background whatsoever, I got this machine to do some engraving for my wife and little girl as they love art.
    Second: the power supply seams to be different than other ones in previous conversions around the net and so I have no clue what can I do to connect the z axis as others have done to control the laser.
    It is only one power supply that does the 2 jobs of supplying the board its power and supplying the laser its power.
    I bought the TB 6560 board as others have done and read a lot of threads but the missing points are:
    1. how can I change the flat cable supplying the Y axis to the 4 wires to go to the board, breakout board (no clue how?) and what about the stop switches.
    2. how to connect the z axis to the power supply.
    3. what about the 4 wires coming from the ps to the boards 2 connections.

thanks for any help you may give me

Khaled
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails control panel to PS.jpg   motor and power supply copy.jpg   power supply.jpg   rear ps connections.jpg  

TB3-700.png  

no body???

Without knowing a LOT more about the electronics involved my friend any advice would at best be guesswork guessing 22Kv stuff isn't a good idea

best wishes

Dave

I am not really intending to play with the laser input, its only the part involving the 4 wires between the board and power supply and the others that might be added between the board to control the laser shooting by the z axis, if applicable.
    thanks for the concern

Khaled

Have a look at Raphaels post HERE Khaled.

best wishes

Dave

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Khomouda View Post
    I am not really intending to play with the laser input, its only the part involving the 4 wires between the board and power supply and the others that might be added between the board to control the laser shooting by the z axis, if applicable.
    thanks for the concern

Khaled
    Hello Khaled,
    Did you read the thread I created with simple language?!
    So, I'm gonna help you...
    Those 4 wires between your PSU (that works by 2 PSU at the same time and feed the board plus the the laser tube) probably are: 2 wires; 24v/Ground to power up the board. And the 2 more wires provide the laser signal from the board to the PSU to fire the laser. Take a look at your board and you'll find out what are the 24v/ground and laser/in controler wires.
    Did you get it?
    Regards
    Raphael

yes i get so I use it as in your case instead of the TH and Gnd, I have them as 5v and Gnd...yes?

yes i get so I use it as in your case instead of the TH and Gnd, I have them as 5v and Gnd...yes?

Khaled, my friend,
    You are saying that your PSU only has 5V input port? It doesn't have TH?
    It doens't matter where the old board is conected to your laser PSU, now it has to be conected to TH and GND. Dir pinX( X because I don't know which pin on your 25 pin serial port you gonna use to get the Z dir to fire the laser) goes to TH and ground to GND. Find out where is TH and GND on you PSU and conect like I did.
    Regards
    Raphael

Quote Originally Posted by raphael150 View Post
    Khaled, my friend,
    You are saying that your PSU only has 5V input port? It doesn't have TH?
    It doens't matter where the old board is conected to your laser PSU, now it has to be conected to TH and GND. Dir pinX( X because I don't know which pin on your 25 pin serial port you gonna use to get the Z dir to fire the laser) goes to TH and ground to GND. Find out where is TH and GND on you PSU and conect like I did.
    Regards
    Raphael
    Raphael, if you look at my ps pictures above you will fin the 4 wires connected to ps from the board are called 24v, gnd, 5v and L, not TH at all

regards
    khaled

Raphael, if you look at my ps pictures above you will fin the 4 wires connected to ps from the board are called 24v, gnd, 5v and L, not TH at all

regards
    khaled
    Khaled,
    How are you?!
    "L" probably means laser.
    Can you take a better shot of your moshiboard and show me how those green wires conect to the PSU? I think a draw sketch would be better.
    I'm almost sure that to power up the board are being used 24v/Gnd(output from PSU), and to fire the laser are being used L/5v(input to PSU). If I'm right you'll have to conect the dir pinX (X can be any Z dir pin you setup following your board user manual).
    Show me a Sketch and I'll see if I can help you.
    Ragards
    Raphael

board and PS cable

Dear Raphael, I really appreciate your time and help, here is a picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laser connection.jpg  

Hello Khaled,
    I'm not sure, but I guess you should conect the Dir pinX to "L", and ground to 5volts. I don't see any other option in your PSU input.
    You'll have to make a test: first you have to measure your computer output voltage. In mine I had 3,3volts, but depending on your computer manufacturing year it can be 5,0volts. After you'll have to conect the dir pinX (the one you choose to be Z axis Dir pin) to laser in your PSU, and the ground in your 5,0volts PSU input. I really want to help you more, but I can't.
    Regards
    Raphael