585,987 active members*
4,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    I have had many ideas for Bridgeport to improve their machines. And many issues with software. I even had a Bridgeport VP (Bob Rochford) ask me if I had a degree. And if not to shut up. I believe that a lot of the ICs on the BMDC are from a Amiga computer, just to give you a snap shot where this board places in PC evolution.
    Sorry about your difficulties.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sorry it has been so long since my last post but there never seems to be enough time in my days to complete orders and repair machines.

So after weeks of send boards back & forth with EMI (they even removed the offending keys from back-wards plug) we finally got this machine running. It ran perfect for almost a month then Monday morning 2 weeks ago while homing the X axis slammed into the hard stop at "rapid" speed!

It's not easy to get an axis off it's dead stop. I had to disconnect the ball screw from the table and hit the end of table with a large dead-blow sledge hammer to dislodge it. We replaced the motor/encoder combo, there was no change. We began hunting a broken wire and found one in the motor plug and repaired it. Thinking we had found the problem we tried to home the machine the Z & Y acted normal but the X axis slammed into the hard stop again.

Through all of this we were not getting any alarm codes. Still suspecting a broken wire I bought new plugs and cable and replaced the entire X cable to the AXSBOB. We mounted the spare motor to the table and hooked it to the machine. When I try to power the drives the X axis creeps and gradually increases speed for about 4 seconds then faults out. After I acknowledge the alarm and try to power the drives again I get alarm code "dpCom:ACD failure" the manuals explanation is very vague.

I am hoping George will have an answer.

Why do I feel pressure? Some things to check: If the velocity is at max when homing, there is something wrong. The question is if the velocity loop is compromised and the control is happy with the speed. Usually max velocity is almost instantaneous. The way it works is that the control does not see a speed so it sends more power, still no speed so it sends more power, until in a fraction of a second it is at max.
    Thus see where the tach goes and measure its resistance typically at a terminal strip. Compare that resistance reading against the y and Z axis.
    If tach resistance is close, swap Drive boards. If still no change, it may be the BMDC. Check your hard drive for a file B3T.exe which tests the BMDC.
    The error you mentioned is a BMDC error but I usually like to eliminate other cheaper possibilities.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sorry about the pressure George. But when the less gifted gets clear, understandable and correct information from one source we tend to gravitate toward that source when trouble arises.

I will try your suggestion first thing Monday and post back the results.

Thanks

OK I checked the resistance of all three TACH's, X & Y were the same and Z was double that. Swapping drive boards made no change I still get the same alarm. I do not have a copy of program B3T.exe on my hard drive is it small enough to e-mail? [email protected]

Mark

Hi George We have a BP DX32 CNC it came setup for 460vac our building is wired for 230vac, can you help me what it's needs to be done and what transformers do we need to change TAPS to be able to run at 230VAC?
    If you have some schematics to go by it will also help and come on handy latter on.
    thanks for the help in advance.
    Regards

If this is a TC22 then it is not that simple.
    The spindle drive is either 230V or 460 Volt.
    It would require a external transformer.
    What machine do you have?

George

Page 2 of 2 12