585,708 active members*
3,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Puma 12L-C Fanuc15TF parameter lost

Puma 12L-C Fanuc15TF parameter lost

Hello

I lost the parameters for this machine due to mishandle the battery change and I find the situation with no backup file or even a hardcopy.
    If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated. If there is a reasonable cost will be paid too.

My email address is [email protected]

Thank you

jolulank
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Re: Puma 12L-C Fanuc15TF parameter lost

Did you look for the BLUE BOOK that is located in the pocket welded into the inside of the door of the electrical cabinet?

Have you contacted your Doosan Dealership to see if they have ever downloaded a copy (which can be done from any machine at any time) during one of their service calls?

If used: Does the previous owner have a downloaded copy?

Note: Machines are unique and have unique parameter settings...They also have some parameters individual to the Options they are equipped with... They then have some that are SIZE related... They then have the foundation parameter settings that everyone will think will work (the ones for a Puma 12)

The BLUE BOOK is an exact version of your machine, as it left Korea, and hopefully it was updated as things like aftermarket options were added and backlash was compensated or repaired...This is the closest version you will find to it functioning correctly.
    Next closest will leave you lacking, or incorrectly entering the specific parameters that are truly unique to your specific machine. This would be getting the parameters for a twin to your machine. Precisely another: Puma 12LC with a 15TF control, exactly...that way only about 1500 parameters will be incorrect.
    Next best guess would be a Puma 12 that isn't a LONG BODY, but is still a C (largest available spindle thru hole, and still uses a 15TF control
    Lesser yet, going to an A or B spindle size would potentially alter the spindle motor configuration.
    Worst would be using non 15TF parameters as the 15 series control Version F (T is the control made for Turning) has every bell and whistle that Fanuc offered at the time, any other version would have issues.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

The only parameters I have for a 12L on my computer, are for a 0T and an 18T and neither are for a C size.

I would not recommend starting with a file that is sooo far different than the needed information.

Give me the serial number of the machine and I will see if Korea has a copy that is more acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post
    The only parameters I have for a 12L on my computer, are for a 0T and an 18T and neither are for a C size.

I would not recommend starting with a file that is sooo far different than the needed information.

Give me the serial number of the machine and I will see if Korea has a copy that is more acceptable.

serial number 440355

Thank you so much Darryl

jolulank

Attachment 442340
    Attachment 442338
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Sent request to Korea.

Sent request to Korea.
    Hello Darryl,
    Any response from Korea?

Best regards

Jolulank
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Quote Originally Posted by jolulank View Post
    Hello Darryl,
    Any response from Korea?

Best regards

Jolulank
    They have found nothing in digital form, they are searching through old papers...

I found out that I had a colleague in our NJ facility this morning. He scanned and sent the needed info.

See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I found out that I had a colleague in our NJ facility this morning. He scanned and sent the needed info.

See attached.
    Great news Darryl. I will take a look at them just now

Thank you so much. I do owe you

jolulank
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

See attached.
    Darryl,

I just gave the parameters a glance and I noticed there are no 9000sn parameters, so it seems I still need to wait for Korea, see if they have something.
    Do you know if there are some basic 9000 parameters just to get the machine working?

Thanks

jolulank
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

As of this morning, Korea has no papers for this old machine and NJ has sent the best that they have.

This is a strong example of why records should be left in the cabinet pocket, and why an SRAM backup should be made whenever it is possible.
    With an SRAM backup, this machine would have been recovered within the hour...
    Note: this comment is not meant to blame. It is there, hopefully to let all users know that the power to avoid these issues is already within their own hands.

As of this morning, Korea has no papers for this old machine and NJ has sent the best that they have.

This is a strong example of why records should be left in the cabinet pocket, and why an SRAM backup should be made whenever it is possible.
    With an SRAM backup, this machine would have been recovered within the hour...
    Note: this comment is not meant to blame. It is there, hopefully to let all users know that the power to avoid these issues is already within their own hands.
    Darryl,

Thanks for all the help. I know backup should be the first thing to do, even before the machine is sent if possible. The machine is not mine and as you, I advice eveyone to do so.
    I have recovered machines with no parameters at all BUT this is going to be more expensive for the owner.

And going back a bit, is there any other machine with fanuc 15TF that you could send me the 9000s parameters only? Just to have something to start from

Thanks

jolulank
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians

Quote Originally Posted by jolulank View Post
    Darryl,

Thanks for all the help. I know backup should be the first thing to do, even before the machine is sent if possible. The machine is not mine and as you, I advice eveyone to do so.
    I have recovered machines with no parameters at all BUT this is going to be more expensive for the owner.

And going back a bit, is there any other machine with fanuc 15TF that you could send me the 9000s parameters only? Just to have something to start from

Thanks

jolulank
    The ones from our NJ office should give you a start, any more would be from a helpful user with an old machine...

Sorry, but that is all I have.