585,748 active members*
3,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Arrow 1000

Arrow 1000

Newbie here.
    I got a deal on 2 arrows a couple of years ago. I have a small shop and only used one. The other was setup and checked out by me to make sure it was functional. But I didn't use it other than to start it up every so often for the first year. Machine in question is arrow 1000 a2100 98 year model
    I had a surge come in from the power company. Blew out an nc lathe and a computer. It MAY have caused this. The machine was off when this occured. Unless power came in on ground I wouldn't expect this machine would have been damaged. Machine had been off for like 4 months. Maybe batteries dead?
    I tried to upload a picture of the error code. Lets see if it will be legible. It looks like the photo went from 500 to 62 kb.
    I'm in central VA. Is there anyone somewhat local that could come in and check it out? I've tried several people but no one seems to know much about Cincinnatis.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00244.jpg  

Since you asked about the possibility of the batteries being dead and I have helped a number of people through this recently, thought I'd give my input.

I haven't seen dead batteries in the control cause this fault before, but different boards have different issues when the batteries go dead so I won't say its not possible.

If you are comfortable working with computers, it should be easy enough for you to check the voltages on each board to eliminate this as a possibility.

Are there any other faults that occur, or just this one? Does it happen every time you power up or just occasionally? When it happens does the system halt, or does it continue to load the A2100 software? The more detail you can give me the better chance I have of pointing you in the right direction. When you check the error history on the control does it log these errors?

Regarding local service for your machines, I have a friend that's very familiar with Cincinnati's and visits his daughters out there several times a year, so could hook you up with him if you are interested.

If you are in a rush to get the machine running, I work on these all the time so would be willing to look at it for you. The drawback is I am not local so there would be some travel time involved. PM me if you are interested in either of the above.

hello what is the alert number on the alert shown in the picture?
    if it is 4000F then try swapping the DV5 Boards between the two machines.
    the DV5 is the board with the 5 silver plugs on the front.
    regards
    Mallardfizz

I feel for you, I don't know what is wrong with your machine. I have a problem with my arrow 1000 too. My machine would not align this morning it would run in the wrong direction in the x axis. It took several tries and a couple of hours to get working. I still don't know why it worked. Now I have a spindle problem it won't align. Is there a servo board that controls all axis and spindle that may be causing this?

Not wanting to encourage hijacking someone else's thread, I'll start by saying you should start your own thread asking the question since it is a completely unrelated issue.

That said, as I've told many people here, if any of your axes travel away from the home switch when trying to align it, it usually means your align switch is stuck down. Remove the covers so you can see the switch, clean the roller switch so it moves freely and try again. If this doesn't fix it you have to figure out why the control thinks the switch is on.

Now, @DixiePlastics. I replied with a PM. If you didn't get it, please let me know so I can try again.

sorry about the hijacked thread, I'm new to this blog thing. And thank you for the help It is not the roller switch I think its the hard drive or servos but I really don't know.
    Thanks I will have to learn how to start a thread:banana: