584,817 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Nardini FastTrace parameters files for Fanuc 20T?

Nardini FastTrace parameters files for Fanuc 20T?

im a pretty good machinist but not much of an electronics guy. my nardini has been idle in my garage thru the winter months, mostly from lack of work, since the poor economy of a few years ago forced me back into a full time machinist job in a factory.

for many years the nardini worked fine, never changed the battery. finally got a low battery alarm, and talked to the fellow in charge of fanucs at work. he gave me a new battery, which i installed, and the lathe went happily along for over a year. now not being used much, i have been sure to turn it on about once a month and leave it on for a few hours just to keep the battery charged.

either not often enough, or i got a crappy battery. i lit it up the other day, got a parity error message that as near as i can tell, indicates my parameters are gone. cant remember the code, but i researched it at the time. if it helps i can go to the shop and get it again.

i have my fanuc 20T books, and i have the nardini specific parameters on some notepad sheets. i have the help of a competent cnc internals fellow if i need it, but if i could find someone who could send the info so i could put it in say via rs232 and save that time and troubleshooting if i fat fingered manual input, which is likely, it would be great. ive been the "pay it forward" guy before, lending my 20T and nardini ops manuals out so others could copy them, if someone could help me, thanks so much.

and a footnote, i have a knee mill im also dealing with, 486 dos based op sys, parts are getting hard to find as well as anyone who has that old knowledge. the mill is likely getting a new pc based control right thru the motors if this last attempt we are making on patching up the old system doesnt work. the nardini fanuc lathe has been just ok, with this and that giving issues thru the last 8 yrs, and i am thinking if i go modern pc control on the mill and love it, i may do the lathe also. which leaves me with fanuc pc parts that might be helpful to other folk. just throwing that out there. thanks for reading this!

ken

i may have what u need . i worked on this machine about 2 years ago. i keep a copy of mem backup.I seem to remember that the rs232 would not wk from the cnc to laptop . but it did into cnc. so i may have used sram card (do not use flash card). I will look on my big bad harddrive.

bumpin meself back to the top!

Ken,

If you still need parameters for that FastTrace Nardini, I have a full backup off of one that I modified for DNC operation. It had a 20T control but I can't guarantee this parameter set will work...you'll just have to try it and see. Might be able to help with your old mill control too, depending on what it is. I've had pretty good luck on the older stuff. Let me know if I can help at all.

-Phil

Re: Nardini FastTrace parameters files for Fanuc 20T?

I am looking for parameters for a Nardini fasttrace lathe 20-T.

Does anyone by chance still have them?

Thanks!

I have a Fanuc 20T 1996 control with a deleted system, I am looking for a full backup to this computer "SRAM256K.000" - please help.

I have a Nardini with Fanuc 20T. I have the SRAM backup if anyone still needs it. I need a copy of the manuals if anyone has them. I'm looking specifically for the electric diagram.

I also have a Fast Trace with the Fanuc control that needs parameters. Any chance anybody still has the parameters and would be willing to send them my way? I could use a copy of the manuals too if anyone has them. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by imsly2 View Post
    I have a Nardini with Fanuc 20T. I have the SRAM backup if anyone still needs it. I need a copy of the manuals if anyone has them. I'm looking specifically for the electric diagram.
    I hope you still check this forum as I need the SRAM backup for the Nardini Fast Trace/Fanuc 20T if your still have them. Did you get copies of the manuals? I'd appreciate having a copy as well. Please let me know ASAP.
    Much appreciated.
    airnocker
    Everything depends on everything else