im a pretty good machinist but not much of an electronics guy. my nardini has been idle in my garage thru the winter months, mostly from lack of work, since the poor economy of a few years ago forced me back into a full time machinist job in a factory.

for many years the nardini worked fine, never changed the battery. finally got a low battery alarm, and talked to the fellow in charge of fanucs at work. he gave me a new battery, which i installed, and the lathe went happily along for over a year. now not being used much, i have been sure to turn it on about once a month and leave it on for a few hours just to keep the battery charged.

either not often enough, or i got a crappy battery. i lit it up the other day, got a parity error message that as near as i can tell, indicates my parameters are gone. cant remember the code, but i researched it at the time. if it helps i can go to the shop and get it again.

i have my fanuc 20T books, and i have the nardini specific parameters on some notepad sheets. i have the help of a competent cnc internals fellow if i need it, but if i could find someone who could send the info so i could put it in say via rs232 and save that time and troubleshooting if i fat fingered manual input, which is likely, it would be great. ive been the "pay it forward" guy before, lending my 20T and nardini ops manuals out so others could copy them, if someone could help me, thanks so much.

and a footnote, i have a knee mill im also dealing with, 486 dos based op sys, parts are getting hard to find as well as anyone who has that old knowledge. the mill is likely getting a new pc based control right thru the motors if this last attempt we are making on patching up the old system doesnt work. the nardini fanuc lathe has been just ok, with this and that giving issues thru the last 8 yrs, and i am thinking if i go modern pc control on the mill and love it, i may do the lathe also. which leaves me with fanuc pc parts that might be helpful to other folk. just throwing that out there. thanks for reading this!

ken