585,933 active members*
3,619 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mini Mill door open alarm

I asked about trhe rotate option and the response I recieved was very helpful, however. I seem to have rotate turned on now, but I can't start a program because I get the door open alarm and I'm not sure if this is a param I can change or how to go about it.
    Thanx
    Phil

Is the door open??

If so you can't start the machine..

You need to jumper the door switch to clear alarm.. One of the first things most guys do..

There is no parameter for the door switch..Sorry.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

door alarm

This machine has no door or casing of any kind so there are no switches on the outside of thr control panel to bypass.

Well I have never seen a Haas Mini Mill without a door...Do you mean a Tool room Mill?

You should be able too jumper the Door open switch on the IO board...use a common Computer Hard driver jumper. You can on a Mini Mill...never looked on a tool room Mill.

But if this is a Tool room mill that never had a door switch...what has changed so you are now getting this alarm?? Did you change software? If so did Haas do it? If they did, ask then to fix this problem..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Door alarm

Yes is a toolroom mill and I've always had to change the door alarm setting upon startup each time. from off to on. I changed the parameter for rotate and upon doing this it doesn't allow me back to the settings screen where iI need to be to change the door alarm. Hence I am unable to run a program.

I don't understand what you mean by "changed the parameter for rotate".

What number parameter ?

Why did you change this?

Again if the tool room mill is the same as all the rest of the Haas line..there is a couple of "pins" on the IO board that you can use a common PC "jumper" on to disable the door switch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jumper.JPG  

I changed parameter 7 from t0 to t1 as advised from this forum to use the 200 hour trial version of scale and rotate. I'm not so familiar with IO boards and jumpers so if I can't undo the parameter change I cant operate tghe machine.

Well I show parameter #7 as X acceleration..But this maybe different for your machine and software version.

Do you mean setting #7 (Parameter Lock)?

Have you called Haas??

Sorry really I am not following what you have done..

Yes ,I think it was parameter 7 lock. I was just following a printout from this forum on how to allow a 200 hour trial version of rotate. I am just trying to teach myself the machine during 15 minute breaks. There are no others in the plant that have any knowledge of the Hass.

Went back to work today and powered up machine and all was well. It must have required a shut down to complete the change in the scale and rotate, because it works now. All I need to do is figure out how to program to my needs. I think this is doable. Thanks for all your help.
    Phil