585,759 active members*
3,944 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > 4th rotary axis tilted at 10 degrees, need help drawing

4th rotary axis tilted at 10 degrees, need help drawing

Hello, Im trying to draw a part, very simple and see what it looks like in verify but I am stuck as to how to draw and or pick tool paths.

I have a round part mounted in the 4th axis. Face of the part is in the x-axis. The 4th axis itself is tilted manually in the machine by 10 degrees, rotated in the y-axis.

I am trying to do 4 linear movements across the face of the part 90 degrees apart. This is easy to do by hand, but I am trying to learn new mastercam skills. Basically I want the cutter to take one cut across the face, rotate 4th axis, take another cut, etc.

What I have done so far is draw part up, and create a tool path geometry line. I then created a new view which tilts the tool by 10 degrees, and make a simple contour chain. This is as far as I get which looks great thus far in verify.

I am not sure how to go about getting this to rotate though.
    Do I need to create 3 other views tilting the tool in each quadrant, or am I going at this the wrong way?

Try Transform toolpath

Funny you just posted that. Im new to trying to wrap my head around different views. I first tried transforming the tool path but could never get it right. Not but 5 minutes ago I figured it out though. I was transforming in the wrong plane.

Had to transform in "right" plane. Now that I see what I was doing wrong, Im like, OH yeah! Duh, that makes sense.

Thank you for the very quick response though.