585,991 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 9.1 VTL

9.1 VTL

Hello!

I am trying to configure my mastercam lathe 9.1

I cant get it set up correctly. I would like the tool on the right side of the part (like our vtl)

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

-Grant

Its been a while since I was in 9.1 but I remeber that there were three settings that affected how the tool appeared for a VTL. Two were in the tool desciption page - orientation and CW/CCW I believe. And the third was the 'reverse' on that same page.

Make sure you come out of that page and look at what the main screen shows the tool as, because it was not intuitive from the choices there in the tool page. If there are three parameters and two setting for each then there are 3 to the power of 2 or nine combinations if I remember correctly. Make a table and make sure you try all nine.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by underdog View Post
    Its been a while since I was in 9.1 but I remeber that there were three settings that affected how the tool appeared for a VTL. Two were in the tool desciption page - orientation and CW/CCW I believe. And the third was the 'reverse' on that same page.

Make sure you come out of that page and look at what the main screen shows the tool as, because it was not intuitive from the choices there in the tool page. If there are three parameters and two setting for each then there are 3 to the power of 2 or nine combinations if I remember correctly. Make a table and make sure you try all nine.

Good luck

After trying all the options i was able to display the tool/part how i want! The problem now is my posts are showing -X

I'm going to keep trying, let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks,

-Grant