584,850 active members*
4,330 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Biesse 336 Error S02 and S0157

Biesse 336 Error S02 and S0157

I am trying to resurrect a Biesse 336 and keep getting a S0157 "Head Interference" error which is preventing the unit from homing/zero. If I just manually jog the axis the axis moves but then stops with a S02 error which is normally an emergency stop error.

I am picking the S0157 error is causing the PLC to error and prevent damage. I have checked the obvious sensors for head height etc and all look fine. It was running fine previously (like a few weeks ago), but now wont do pass this error.

Where could I check next??? Running a RT480 controller.

Thanks

You are correct in that the S02 is an ancillary error (you are getting that because of the S0157 error). I work with alot of RT480's and I didn't remember that specific error. I am pretty sure that error should only be generated on machines with dual heads, of which there were only a few made! This would be 2 Y axis beams with ehads on one machine, very productive, very pricey made for automated high production panel precessing. There was an error on those machines that stopped the machines if the heads were going to work to closely to one another. That in mind, if the machien data, constants or PLC has been changed in anyway in the past few weeks I am wondering if the machine is looking for the second head signal and just stopping because it doesnt see it? I would start with reloading machine back up data if you have it or obtain one from Biesse and start there.
    Hope this helps!
    Mark T.

Thanks for the info Mark

You are bang on with it being a dual head unit. The no1 head has a sensor "INT" (Interference I guessing) which is contacted when the two heads collide. I have traced this back to the controller and they seem to be inline with the Xaxis of both the heads. Electrically they test and work fine. But I can't seem to find a way to reset the error.

None of the machine data that I know of has been changed appart from manually setting the centers to 0.0

We set the centers to 0.0 for all axis on both heads because we could not home the unit , but this would get rid of the non centred error. Could the fact that we manually set all axis to 0.0, the software is thinking the heads are colliding??? Or do you still think it is a switching error with the limit switches.

Thanks

I think you need to switch the values for the right head to a value greater than the distance from the home position to the switch if the left head was at home. I think that is where you start. Need to verify in the schematic wether or not the interference switch is a normally open or normally closed switch. You are on the right track.

Mark T.

P.S. - I would LOVE some service work in New Zealand LOLOL

We could do with a few more biesse experts here in NZ. Cos there are quiet a few machines dotted around and getting timely support is hard.

Would love to get you over to help us trouble shoot, but the machine is CHEAP CHEAP, and pretty much going for scrap if I dont manage to get it going and see if someone is willing to put some time and effort into it.

The INT switch is NC and i spent a few hours testing the wiring and they proved fine. the INT is inline with XAXIS for both heads and both xaXis reset fine on the PLC.

I dont have a backup of the factory settings for the machine, but we have not changed anything appart from the "manual zero" which is not really a machine data settings. But i will try as you suggested and manually zero the two heads so they are actully properly offset in the correct position.

Hopefully will get somewhere

Thanks

TEX

Contact Biesse with your serial number and see if you can obtain the original machine data, constants and PLC. You are going to need to know that is good if all electrical has checked out.

Mark T.

Bit of an update:

Got the S0157 error to dissapear. All it was, was the fact the software thought the heads were actually touching in the software.

So what i did was look up the config data which is still stored in the machine and work out where they should be approximately.

I set these values via the "manual" zero, and then all the errors dissapeared

The problem is I still dont quiet understand how the global zero works. Cos it still doesnt want to do that, and hence when i try and run a job i keep getting offset errors cos the axis are not properly homed.

The machine data shows the home locations in the axis parameters, listed with the up and down limits that were causing our so157 error. But obvioulsy we dnt know exactly where these locations are physically.

I think the problem came about from persons pushing the heads around whilst the unit was switched off and now the machine doesnt know where to goto.

When I try and global home. I just get a s02 error.

Will not run with the active error..from the homing screen

reset,pause,clear,pause,soft key for global home

Yeah tried teh reset sequence as per normal operation, but as soon as you press the global home softkey, getting a s02 error.

Update to this. Found that the vac relay was possibly sticky on the vac line switch. The relay vac relay K25 which runs inline with the safety relay was causing it to S02 (safety). Pull out the unit, gave it a bash and put it back in and it started working. Odd really, especially for the siemens unit which are supposedly of a high quality.

Many thanks for the everyone and their suggestions.