584,814 active members*
5,382 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > trying to load program skips LOADING Onnnn and goes to floppy done!!

trying to load program skips LOADING Onnnn and goes to floppy done!!

trying to load program skips LOADING Onnnn and goes to floppy done. the file shows in the directory but shows nothing when selected.

What happens when you try to copy a file from the machine to the floppy?

Is there data in the file on the floppy?

there is data on the file. if i look at th .nc file on my pc it looks fine. these jobs have run in this cnc before. Looks like it writes to the floppy fine also.

thanks guys for all the replies but after looking at the file that i wrote to the floppy i discovered it had no file extension so i took the .nc extension off my file and it loaded fine. I don't have much experience with cnc's thanks for bearing with me. I run a plastic injection molding shop and my toolmaker left and really had no idea what i was doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOrganek View Post
    thanks guys for all the replies but after looking at the file that i wrote to the floppy i discovered it had no file extension so i took the .nc extension off my file and it loaded fine. I don't have much experience with cnc's thanks for bearing with me. I run a plastic injection molding shop and my toolmaker left and really had no idea what i was doing wrong.
    Glad you got it. Believe it or not, some machines can act weird. Had one at a previous work place that would not take programs with the correct file extension and had to use a different one.

Have fun--Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Haas Factory Support

Haas machines require file extensions of .nc or .txt or a few others. It is possible your file was called o1234.nc.nc where the second .nc is the file extension. This problem can be hidden in Windows by a setting. To show file extensions in Windows, go to a folder. Press Alt to bring up the toolbar if it is hidden. Go to Tools->Folder Options. Click the View tab. Uncheck the Hide file extensions box (About the 8th one down).
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks