585,931 active members*
5,589 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HAAS TR160 Rotary table a-axis limit

HAAS TR160 Rotary table a-axis limit

We recieved both of our TR160 rotary tables back from Haas California a couple weeks ago. Both units had full referbish.

Upon first hooking both units back up everything seemed excellent except for one critical thing. The limit on the a-axis parameter was not set thus allowing the axis to do full 360 rotations which is very bad as the b-axis wiring runs in the middle of the gears and will twist and rip out at anything more then 360. Now as soon as we noticed this we contacted haas.

Email sent, they respond 2 days later, and they request the serial numbers for the units (!?!! *THEY JUST GOT BACK FROM HAAS!!)

I immediately email the serial numbers.. 2 more days, no response.

I CALL yesterday, guy at haas tells me to re-mail to a different address..

I do so immediately..

TODAY (March 16, 2012) email response.

"very sorry about the.. blah blah blah.. these are the parameters that need to changed.. 48 and 623 need to have the value 1410000.."

GREAT! i say, go to my control panel...

parameter 48 wont let me enter anything more then '1'

and there is no parameter 623..

I've emailed them once again...

Is this typical of haas???

Stick to phone conversations and make them troubleshoot that way and not email.

Be on a portable phone so you can make changes as soon as they suggest them. Point is keep them on the line to keep them on your issue.

From your description is sounds like you have a TRT 160 , but clarify please if you have a TRT160 or TR160

Also, parameters are stored in the machine and not the rotary. Douible check that the correct rotary is selected in settings and make surre the rotary cables are not reversed.

its a tr160, its an old unit (probably going on 15 years) it has its own control panel as its in a kitamura 3 axis mill.

I'm referring to the parameters in the haas control box. also double checked cables are correct, both of our tables did not get the parameter set while at haas.