585,987 active members*
4,436 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Motor tuning Gecko G540

Motor tuning Gecko G540

I made a little video on how I adjusted my motors on my mill with the Gecko G540. I'm sure there are other ways to do this but this way worked for me.

This is a not the newest G540 that has the pots close to the cover. I would guess that they would adjust the same way only easier to find the screws.

I hope someone finds this useful.

http://youtu.be/7EEXFu1beHI

I'm sure a lot of people will find your video useful! Thanks for putting it up, your mill also seems very capable from the aluminium milling!

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

It seems that some people must be finding it useful. I got a number of views on youtube.

Like I said in the video. The most important thing when tuning the motors with the G540 is to use a plastic screwdriver. About 2 years ago I made the mistake of trying to adjust it with a metal one and shorted something out on one of my drives. Lucky that I only needed 3 drives to run that machine so I used the extra one in place of the bad one and didn't have to replace the shorted out one.

Where did you get a plastic screwdriver?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNole View Post
    Where did you get a plastic screwdriver?
    I made the screwdriver from some delrin round stock.

Don't know about in the States, but here we get them in packs of 4 or 5 for around $3 from any of the cheap Asian mixed goods shops. You should be able to get them from any half decent electronics supplier or TV/Audio repair centre if you have any trouble. They are pretty standard fare, with the good ones being usually ceramic, as to not induce any interference in adjusting RF gear.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!