585,894 active members*
4,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > RPM not see on the monitor

RPM not see on the monitor

Good day,

I have a problem with my Fadal 4020 mod 98, RPM not see on the monitor when working a program, I can regularly with the potentiometer, but I do not see the real value on the monitor.

Inspecting the control panel, found a 10-pin male connector loose, and a blue 10-pin female connector on the motherboard 1010-5d. Apparently they should be united. belongs to the male connector to motor encoder?

Thank you for your attention.

Sounds like you may be missing the spindle encoder?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

The machine you have in the spindle encoder. but not if it works or is disconnected at the board.

Thanks.

If it was a retrofit from a -4 to -5 system you will not get a true reading on the screen it will only read what the last command was.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

ok, thank you very much. but did not identify. If It Was A retrofit from -4 to -5 to system. The machine was bought at auction and I have no history of the machine.
    With potentiometer feed, I can vary the advance and I see on the screen, But speed potentiometer, I can vary the speed spindle and do not see on the screen.

What your saying doesnt make sense to me. If you turn the speed override on the face of the pendant and you hear the spindle turn faster or slower and the screen doesnt say it is going faster or slower you have a retrofit machine that was upgraded. For instance go to MDI mode

Type in
    M3S1000
    Then hit 'enter' and then 'start'

Your screen should be showing S1000 for RPM. If you twist the spindle override knob and your S number doesnt change on the screen you do have a upgraded motherboard. Also in 1998 they were using a -5 on some models. Is this a big setback for you and you cannot do any work on the machine?
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

When looking at the manual intrusions (photo attached). In paragraph (d) indicates the programmed RPM. and in paragraph (f) indicates the current RPM. This paragraph does not appear on my machine.
    the problem is. I did a job drilling 8 plates with 300 holes each
    after a while the RPM fell by half. because the measurement manually.
    On this occasion the difference was noticeable. but if it decrease 1/4 or 1/3 of the programmed RPM is more difficult.
    Paragraph (f) I would serve as a reference. but according to what you say, my machine have an upgrade and it have not paragraph (f). My question is because the 10-pin loose conertor would have some relation to the encoder and thus see the current RPM
    Thanks.