585,712 active members*
4,269 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SheetCam > Sheet cam simulation

Sheet cam simulation

Trying to learn sheetcam for cnc plasma cutting. The problem that I am having is when I run a test cut (simulation in sheet cam) the cross hairs go from the edge of the table past the part and past the table and keep moving out to the middle of nowhere? What am I doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.
    Shane

were is the x0,y0, on the drawing, try using the alighn function

Quote Originally Posted by z28 View Post
    Trying to learn sheetcam for cnc plasma cutting. The problem that I am having is when I run a test cut (simulation in sheet cam) the cross hairs go from the edge of the table past the part and past the table and keep moving out to the middle of nowhere? What am I doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.
    Shane
    Shane, you get it figured out?

The machine will always start from the corner of the sheet and not the corner of the part. Regardless of where the zero is on the drawing when imported.

You can go to "options" and machine set up and move the sheet around on the machine, but still the machine will always start on the corner.

Go to "mode" - nesting and drag to part to where you want it on the sheet. Still the machine will start bottom left.

This is the norm and really the best way for things to work. You'll be able to save the "job", remove the sheet from machine, put it back on at a later date, zero on bottom left, open that "job" file and pick up where you left off on that sheet. The machine will know what's missing and where.

Drop a note if I can help.... [email protected]

Yes it starts at the lower left hand corner of the sheet but it passes the part, sheet and table and just keeps on going out in the middle of nowhere? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by z28 View Post
    Yes it starts at the lower left hand corner of the sheet but it passes the part, sheet and table and just keeps on going out in the middle of nowhere? Thanks for your help.
    About the only time I've had weird stuff like that happen was when I had millimeters and inches mixed up.

When you import the drawing or part make sure that inches is selected when "drawing options" window pops up.

Even if you have it correct in "application options" and under "machine options" you'll still have to select inches in "drawing Options" when you import drawing.

If it looks correct on the screen in sheet cam more than likely the code will be correct. Speaking of code, print it out and draw part manually by hand and pencil. A simple drawing isn't hard to follow.. Three inch square....

If that's correct you'll have to start looking at machne and Mach.

I'm sure you've confirmed the movement of the machine. When you jog manually one inch it moves 1.000in.

Just thinking out loud.

aj

Make a new simple drawing, import, nest it lower left, put tool path on it, post it, and then draw it on paper by hand. You'll learn a lot.

One step at a time. Send me an e-mail if you like. Send the job file if you get that far and I'll take a look. [email protected]

Read code one line at a time. Each line should make sense..

I'm not an "expert" but I've made about every mistake possible... some more than once, twice....

Again, if all that comes out correct, problem isn't in sheetcam.

aJ

hey buddy had that prob to . make sure in cad you position your dwg in lower left hand corner example 0,0 .then when you import it in sheetcam make sure you select pos drawing orgin ...hope it helps ya