585,748 active members*
3,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    The forum having issues uploaded my post. So if it shows double post of the samething I am not double posting a reply.

At the time that I was importing these machines, RECI tubes wasn't available. Not really sure if they were either better? But there is no low end of RF sealed C02. Either you get Coherent or Synrad or Universal laser. I saw them shortly after my tubes started going out and truly didn't want to be bothered with trying to find a reliable tube. However, RF Sealed C02 lasers are far more superior to Glass C02 lasers. Quality of cutting and engraving does come from the motherboard, not the tube itself. Different models have passed through my hands. I was convinced that these machines were just as good as the Epilog, Universal, Trotec, Kerns, and others. I was wrong...these companies put a lot of research into their motherboards and how they process imaging. This is where I found faults in the Chinese lasers. Chinese laser manufacture have not created their lasers to process 8 bit Grayscale etching...only 1 bit Black & White. This makes a big difference in the quality of your work. Especially use anything from 300 to 1200 dpi etching.
    You also can not change your pulse modulation frequency for flame polishing acrylic. If you are doing hobby things and plan on upgrading as you grow...great! Using as full time production no! I do not regret my G. Weike LG3040, it is fun to work with and allow me to advance my knowledge in lasers...what work and what doesn't.
    I found that when I use my Epilog compared to my LG3040, my power in constant. Whether I do 3 to 40 cuts, I do not have to adjust for power loss. I have sold a dozen of these machines before realizing their limits.

HPC Lasers here in the UK do a *call off* system, you buy a tube (or rather pay for it) then when the time comes you need it as a replacement they send you one from their latest stock.

Works very well as you are assured a fresh tube when you need it.

hpclaser.co.uk

(I don't work for HPC or any of it's subsidiary companies)

My last Bejing EFR tube lasted a little over 5,300 hours before finally giving up (it wasn't considered a long life tube like the reci's either)

best wishes

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Exsecratio View Post
    HPC Lasers here in the UK do a *call off* system, you buy a tube (or rather pay for it) then when the time comes you need it as a replacement they send you one from their latest stock.

Works very well as you are assured a fresh tube when you need it.

hpclaser.co.uk

(I don't work for HPC or any of it's subsidiary companies)

My last Bejing EFR tube lasted a little over 5,300 hours before finally giving up (it wasn't considered a long life tube like the reci's either)

best wishes

Dave
    Wow! That is pretty promising. I cost me $2800 to have my laser recharged but it will last 5+ years depending on how hard I run it. That is the key to laser operation, knowing how to minimize your power while gain optimal cutting.

It's a bit of a juggle really FI, I have two big metal cutters as well (3600 watt and 4000 watt) and the servicing costs of those is massive!! I keep looking at RF tubes but with the amount of power changes I do on my Chinese machine (for testing different stuff) having to keep 3 or 4 complete RF systems in stock would be prohibitive on price. I get what you mean though, it's better to buy quality and not need it rather than needing quality and not having it

RF's of course provide polarised beams whereas glass tubes aren't but past that the differences aren't really worth it for me.

I can see RF having a big advantage but sadly it's at a price and running cost that a lot of new users and first time buyers can't really justify.

best wishes

Dave

Laser tube life

I think it is really a question of buying what you can afford...and using a quality of device that you need for the work. Often people judge the laser machine entirely on the laser tube. The Chinese laser tubes do last quite a while if kept at proper temperature and optics are kept clean.

Tips..
    Clean the mirrors and lens softly.
    Use acetone to clean the laser tube optic.
    Use a chiller ... if you can afford it. Do not put corrosive chemicals in the coolant.
    Buy the best mirrors and focal lens that you can afford.
    High price does not mean better quality.
    Use silicon mirrors with gold coating. The molybnium mirrors will oxidize too fast and prevent laser reflection and cause beam to diverge.
    Use ZnSe lens that has best clarity. Check for graininess in the core material. Make sure lens has a coating that is clear, consistent, unscratched, ...

We do have continuous stock of spare lenses, mirrors, and laser tubes at great prices.

Ray Scott
    Rabbit Laser USA

Rabbit Laser USA

Rayscott, I have been on your site several times looking for lenses and mirrors and have not been able to find any. Please direct me to where these can be purchased on your site.

Milt

Lens

Located in the spares section (end of list)

Where to buy spare parts..

Rabbit Laser USA - Store

You will find a menu of parts categories on the left.

We are working on converting the entire site and shopping area into WordPress themes.. It will be easier to navigate with all the previous content and more.

Ray Scott

I have two 60w spare tubes for my Weike machine, should I cycle through them
    every couple months to keep them fresh? Does changing the tube affect the
    mirror alignment that much does anyone know? GM

Over time, the molecular sized leaks in the tube will allow the gas mixture in the tube to become contaminated or diluted with air. Operating the tube will likely increase the speed this happens. Generally a well sealed tube will last quite a while and a leaky tube will fail rapidly no matter what you do. It may be wise to test your spares to make sure they work, so you can settle any dispute with the supplier in a timely fashion, but other than that I wouldn't recommend changing them back and forth.

Matt

I fully agree. Using or not using the laser tubes will not make them last longer. If they are bad, then you have a sooner chance to argue for replacements with the seller.

Do not rotate your usage. This is only adding risk of damage and added heat stress on the connection points.

Ray,

I understand you are in the business of selling complete machines, but do you happily sell your 'spares' to folks who would prefer building their own motion?

I've been considering putting together a laser table, and your prices on tubes and optics are close enough in line with ebay chinese prices that it'd be worth dealing with you rather than taking the china gamble. It's nice knowing that there's a person with whom I can speak face to face or over the phone if necessary

Ian
    Ian

The life of laser cutting machine's tube is decided by the power

The life is affected by the input current. RECI states 10,000 hours if the current is no more than 25mA. You need to test your system with a meter and adjust the power supply current.

i'm using reci 80w in a diy machine for more than 4000hrs during more than 1 year,i've used that in range 15-60% of full power and think not bad ! it has now just 10-20% of power loss

I would expect your power loss to actually be from degrading quality of the mirror surface. A lot of people would start blaming the laser tube and don't realize that a more common problem is in the mirrors, lens, and alignment.

Ray Scott
    Rabbit Laser USA
    513-217-5707

A bit late on this thread... but to anyone looking for building their own laser... or fixing a laser system from another vendor.. YES.. We do sell parts to anyone that needs to repair or upgrade a compatible laser system.

We do have Skype and FaceTime.. So .. Yes.. We can speak face to face.

We keep stock on nearly any part you would want for repairing the import Chinese style laser machines.

Thank You,
    Ray Scott

Re: Realistic life of Chinese laser tubes

Reci never have 10000 h life , only Z2 can run about 6000 to 8000 if used at low power, Z4, Z6 and Z8 NEVER , with lucky u get 3000h

I have several machine with 80W Reci tubes than have cut in excess of 12000 hours and are just down to half power 4 years use and less than $1000, yet I have a Synrad 80W which cost $22 which is down to 48w after 24 months, do the maths....

yes... That company does use Reci laser tubes.

Page 2 of 3 123