585,555 active members*
3,527 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234
    I purchased the Ncstudio CNC Handwheel from the ebay user supermario-gb.

I requested the model compatible with NCSTUDIO V 8.280, they sent me the MACH3 model HB04.

Would this model be compatible with NCSTUDIO V 8.280, if yes what drivers do I need, and how would I install it?

Hope someone can help. Thanks

I just joined the club with an HB04.

Just got it plugged in tonight. Haven't had any time to really play with it.
    But first impressions are GREAT!

I got mine through ebay
    My Build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/113711-my_build_-_many_thanks.html

Quote Originally Posted by zerodegreec View Post
    I had one and it "worked" for a few weeks but every couple times I tried using it it would not "turn on". Worked fine for another few weeks and then out of the blue it stopped. Would not connect at all. Tried 6 different USB ports and it did no matter if it was on a hub or directly on the PC. I have since sent it back and bought a ShuttleXpress (for 1/3 the cost) and I like it ALLOT more. I love the outer ring where it speeds up and slows down the axis depending on how far you turn it. The small spin wheel is the best for small movements. Visit Tormach's site to see what they have setup. I just bought it off a Camera/Photo company online.

I would not recommend the wireless MPG.
    Thanks for your help. I have found the problem. Just about to dump the usb mpg (Chinese)( xhc hb04) and I open it up to find that there were dry solder joint on the pc board. Re-solder it and it works perfect. All the buttons work like they were meant to. I hope this is to some help to people that have got some eBay stuff from “goodluck.com”
    Cheers from sunny South Africa
    Mitch Mitchell

Hi, got a chance to play with the pendant. Works as it should.
    Although it seems to time out on the updating the display...
    After about 1 minute or so, the display doesn't up date
    anymore. Not until I hit a button, or turn the dial.
    I guess its a battery saver... any chance of disabling it?
    My Build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/113711-my_build_-_many_thanks.html

Hello! I also have problems with WHB04-L. The bundled plugin is not the right one. I need one to be called XHC-ShuttlePro.dll but can not find it. Is there anyone here who knows where to find it? I can not find it on the manufacturer's website "www.cdxhctech.com"

Here is the 'shuttlepro.dll' its the one I use, and it works.
    I think its one of the newer revisions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogal View Post
    Here is the 'shuttlepro.dll' its the one I use, and it works.
    I think its one of the newer revisions as well.
    Thank Mogal. I have tried to copy your file into mach3/plugins, but when I start mach3 comes a warning: plug-in defect, in the same way as if I copy from the CD that was with. strange.

Hi again. Re. WHB04-L. I now turn the problem a little closer. I installed Mach3 on another computer and it works, then the problem is on my CNC computer that is running Windows XP where everything superfluous has been removed.

Hi ibccnc
    I have the same problem with my XHC HB04 like you . Have tried to install the dll.file on a Vista laptop. Everything Works fine , but when i do the same on my
    cnc machine with XP , i get the error : dll.file defective.
    I bought it via Alibaba.com and i have tried to contact the seller , but they dont respond.
    Have you found a dll.file to Windows XP
    Best regards Johnny S Denmark .

Hello Johnny. I've been looking for another dll file, but had to give up, so I chose to replace Windows XP with Windows 7 on my cnc computer and it works without problems. Best regards. Ib - Denmark

Hej Ib
    Thank you for a quick answer.
    Then i have to do the same .I hoped you had the solution without uninstalling Windows XP.
    Best Regards Johnny Odense NV

Guys, can you tell me if yours HXC stops responding to a jog after few seconds on non using ? Same with showing readings of CNC. If I won't turn jog for few second it will stop reacting on it and showing readings,though all keys are working .

I was having same trouble. Installed avast antivirus. Caught bundles of viruses and trojans destryed them by boot scann..i am really impressed all working fine for me .. I have XHC-HB04 wireless..
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Hi ... I just purchased the HBO4 shuttle and am having the same problem with windows 2000. I was told that Mach3 doesnt run under windows 7 ???

Hi ruseller
    Just install Windows 7 and everything will work fine.

Best regards Johnny cnc

When the machine is busy or you don't use it for a couple of minutes the screen goes into standby so to say to save battery but if you touch it the screen will update again. Nothing wrong with it in that case.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

My pendant (XHC HBO4) does not work under MPG mode. It does continuous and step mode but nothing happens under MPG mode.
    ALso when I select MPG mode I get a P6x1 on the screen. Does anyone have one that works under MPG mode.

Re: Wireless Pendant Won't Connect

I found the driver for the WH04B-L at the manufactures site. This version works with Windows XP.
    The driver included on the CD with the MGP was a fail; "plugin is defective."

Thanks to Google I could find and translate the page.
    The link to the translated page is here

If you would rather translate it yourself.... try this one

I still have a bit of learning in terms of the MPG operations, but it is working.

I have the same problem than "haikt". Everything good but MPG mode does not work which is important to move the machine by equals step to handwheel steps.

Mogal

one hundred thank yous for dll file
    disc which arrived with my hb04 pendant was unreadable--your file booted
    pendant

all good wishes

jh

Page 3 of 4 1234