585,560 active members*
3,494 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Simple solution....but can't afford to just keep trying one until I find one that works. I was hoping more for a referral for a known working solution.
    Thanks

Don't know about barcodes but couldn't the same thing be done with a qr code and a webcam?
    Sven
    http://www.puresven.com/?q=building-cnc-router

Quote Originally Posted by beltramidave View Post
    Simple solution....but can't afford to just keep trying one until I find one that works. I was hoping more for a referral for a known working solution.
    Thanks
    Read the setup guide and make sure it's configured with correct language etc. If you open an editor or terminal and scan a barcode the input from the barcode should appear as normal keyboard text in the editor. If not, it's not configured to be a wedge (a scanner can act as a wedge scanner even though it's connected to its own USB port) or you might have a weird config OR your scanner need a driver to be able to act as a wedge scanner. It must act as a wedge otherwise the whole idea will not work.
    You can also try to find anything useful here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BarcodeReaders

i did see your question at Linuxforums, but I'll continue in this thread.

@CaptainVee, that's not possible to do without having an app that interacts as a keyboard interlayer.

Bar code update

I believe that I have figured it out. I was able to set up the Honeywell scanner with a "Intercharacter Delay" which places a short (ms) delay between the transmission of each character of scanned data.

I am now able to use "o+filename" (ex: otest) to create my barcode and only scan once to open, populate and load the program. This will save a lot of time.

Thanks for the help!

This is a known working solution.

er.. sorry for my late reply, i hope i also can do some favor .i know a website about barcode scanner , or barcode reader, found on google, it offer the guide to use barcode scanner, yo may check it .

Our barcode scanner and readers to capture the data that matters most at the retail POS, patient bedside, and manufacturing production line.

Page 2 of 2 12