585,743 active members*
4,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain TNC 426

I am looking at a machine with a Heidenhain TNC 426 control on it.
    The machine seems OK, but i am not familiar with the pro's and cons of the control. Does anybody know the heidenhain TNC 426 family of controls? Can parts for them still be obtained?

On one spec sheet that i saw it seems like the control is a conversational unit that does not require the user to use G gode. I use only Gcode to program at the moment and also use mastercam and bob cad to generate code so i would not like to switch to anything other than gcode.
    Would this machine still un gcode in the background?

Would you buy a machine with this control?

Thank you
    Pieter

Hi

Hi this control can be used in g code but you will find the user control much simpler than you imagine the canned cycles are straight forward none of this silly g code stuff were you have to cancel with g code then engage with another, you also can switch between incremental and absoulute by pressing I key next to the poler P key, rl comp rr comp or no comp again is asked for on each line as you programme, use datum shift to set up, long term you will find this an better way to run your machine, ie- leaving one set up on your bed where ever and another one or more some were else, and for god sake don,t by a hass with g codeing its totally rubbish,
    i guess if you want i can send you a prog with every set up you will ever need its my progs template.

Thank you Philip,

I take it that you would recommend the heidenhain then?
    Have you ever had trouble with yours and were you able to get parts or get it fixed easily?
    I am scared of going for a control with limited support, or very high repair cost and then getting stuck with a lump of iron that is not worth the money it takes to keep the control alive.

Is it a good control for 2d and some 3d contouring?