585,744 active members*
4,282 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Oscillating Knife Cartridge

Hello, I have a Multicam 1000 and I require a replacement Oscillating Knife Cartridge. The one we have on there now is a couple of years old and sounding very rough, greasing helps, but the rough sound comes back quicker and quicker and Im having to grease it every day to keep it sounding happy. I can also feel some play in the end of the knife that didnt use to be there when it was new.

Ive tried calling Multicam in western canada where I am at but they never get back to me and are generally very unhelpful.

I know that Multicam doesnt actually make the knife anyways as It used on several other brand of machines.

Does anyone here know if they can get a replacement cartridge from Multicam USA for me or Does anyone know who makes the cartridge I can purchase one from?

Thanks

I can offer assistance if you are still in need of replacement parts. Thanks.

I would love some assistance.. mind you youre a few months late.. but it seems typical of Multicams service.. Ive learned not to expect much help from you guys..

Im still in need of a new cartidge, we have the spindle/knife combo Multicam 1000.. how do I go about getting a new cartridge?

Why is it so hard to get any help from Multicam? The western canada branch basically dropped off our new machine and left us with no help, no training and is very unhelpful when it comes to buying parts or even replacement knives.

Ive actually had to buy our knives from AXYZ, they are more than happy to help me even though I dont have one of their machine, but since the oscillating knife cartridges take the same blades they sell em to me. Im actually trying to get them to sell me an oscillating knife assembly but It seems like I would have to modify it to work on our machine.. I guess I should have bought an AXYZ machine..

As you can probably tell, im not very happy with Multicam.. so if you want to help us out that would be great..

I work with the Multicam CNC company , for Latin America and the Caribbean, carrying out Technical support to the different companies that require it.
    I would need to know the cartridge model you have and can help you. In the Bill material of your machine youll find the part No for it. Can you send me a picture of the cartridge? or just more simple send to me the 4 last No from your machine serial No.
    I should say that these cartridges, it is strange that they are damaged, what usually happens a long the time is for the dust inside the cartridges... You have to clean up usually.
    write me to my mail ([email protected]) and diusculpa my English.