585,764 active members*
4,190 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Slow Jog problem

all,

I came up with a little bit of a weird problem this afternoon. Somehow, and I don't know if I did something or the machine just decided to do this on it's own, but my 1100 is now ignoring the slow jog percentage when I jog with the key board. It works as always with the Tormach Jog Shuttle, but from the keyboard it acts as if I am holding the shift key down? Step jogging seems to work OK also, but no matter what I enter in the slow jogging window, it always jogs at full speed.

I'm using the Tormach version of Mach 3 that ships with the Series III upgrade kit. I've tried many things including total machine shutdown and re-boot.

Tormach suggested that somehow I didn't have G1 turned on, but it shows up in the script above the DRO readouts on the simple machining page, and manually entering G1 doesn't change anything.

I'm hoping someone has seen this and can tell be what I've got amiss.

Thanks
    Terry

Does the same thing happen with a different keyboard?

I can get it to do what you describe by turning StickyKeys on. To turn StickeyKeys off go to Start -> Control Panel-> Accessibility Option and under the Keyboard Tab deselect Sticky Keys.

Thanks very much for your reply and suggestion. I hadn't considered that it might be the key board.

I checked and sticky keys was not turned on and also typing letter keys did not give me capitals.

I swapped the keyboard with another, also usb, and everything worked fine.
    I put the original keyboard back on and of course it worked fine also????

Bottom line, I don't know what was wrong, but the action of changing the keyboard seems to have fixed the problem, for whatever reason.

Thanks again for helping.

Terry

The keyboard had brain fade. Unplugging it reset the keyboard CPU.
    Sticky keys can make a CNC machine dangerous too. Always disable sticky keys. Dumbest thing since breadcrumbs.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.