584,837 active members*
4,824 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

turboCNC for DOS with HeeksCNC

I'm really liking making STL files with Google Sketchup, then creating a zig-zag toolpath in HeeksCNC. But I can't get my very old, but quite reliable, turboCNC to parse the files.

It seems like turboCNC wants to pause on every line, and sometimes complains about too many blanks (or spaces, I can't remember). Here is a little snip of what my Gcode looks like:

G01 Z0 F100
    X81.44 Y-0.137 Z0 F7000
    X81.44 Y2.594 Z0
    X39.38 Y2.594 Z0.023

What about this doesn't turboCNC like? I have always used inches, but Heeks seems to like millimeters, so I changed the units in turboCNC. And I noticed my working toolpaths had more G00 and G01s. And I tried to search/replace all the spaces with nothing, but it still complains. I think I can go in and edit the python code that generates the gcode to format it how turboCNC needs, but I don't know exactly what that is.

Or, if anybody has a turboCNC machine definition for HeeksCNC, it would save me hours of work.

thanks
    James B

turboCNC for DOS with HeeksCNC (solved)

Looks like using the Bridgeport machine definition that is packaged with HeeksCNC 0.18.0 for Windows will create nearly working gcode for turboCNC. I had to delete the comments from the head of the output.nc file, but after that it was running.

I ran with the machine turned off, so something is horribly amiss I will edit this. But at this point it looks like I have my new toolchain working.