584,817 active members*
4,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil X4 Standard - Spindle Computer Control

Syil X4 Standard - Spindle Computer Control

I am setting up an X4 Standard with Mach3, but I'm having issues getting the spindle to be computer controlled using Mach3. I have attached the .xml config file (as a .txt file, unfortunately I can't upload .xml). I can control the X Y Z axes fine with Mach3, but am unable to start the spindle using the computer.

I have verified that the spindle switch is closed, allowing for computer control. When the spindle switch is open, I am able to start and change the speed of the spindle on the machine panel, so the problem is not with the spindle itself. The machine was purchased less than a year ago, so I'm guessing something is just wrong with the configuration. I've tried the default X4 .xml files also but nothing lets me start the spindle with Mach3.

Appreciate the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Download the manual, i believe you need to go into to ports and pins and go to spindle setup. Make sure all the configuration are correct. I think in the manual it says what ones are supposed to go where. Also make sure your parallel port cable is good. If that doesnt solve the problem call syil america and ask for keith kennedy. He has helped me in the past and is really knowledgeable. Hope this helps

Gage

I am setting up an X4 Standard with Mach3, but I'm having issues getting the spindle to be computer controlled using Mach3. I have attached the .xml config file (as a .txt file, unfortunately I can't upload .xml). I can control the X Y Z axes fine with Mach3, but am unable to start the spindle using the computer.

I have verified that the spindle switch is closed, allowing for computer control. When the spindle switch is open, I am able to start and change the speed of the spindle on the machine panel, so the problem is not with the spindle itself. The machine was purchased less than a year ago, so I'm guessing something is just wrong with the configuration. I've tried the default X4 .xml files also but nothing lets me start the spindle with Mach3.
    Have you found a solution for your problem?

I have the same problem

Hattest du für dein Problem eine Lösung gefunden?
    Ich habe das gleiche Problem

Quote Originally Posted by jtemple View Post

Appreciate the help.
    Did you actually found a solution to your problem ?
    I have the same problem with my Syil X4 Plus.

Hi!

@jtemple!

How did you solve the problem?

I have all the connections and cables checked again,
    without success!
    Still the same problem, the spindle can not be controlled in CNC mode
    , only in manual mode!

Question

could it be because of the settings?
    In the manual, unfortunately there is nothing about the settings for spindle
    (Syil X4 +, built in 2008)

Attachment 210946
    Attachment 210948
    Attachment 210950

Re: Syil X4 Standard - Spindle Computer Control

Quote Originally Posted by 4thArt View Post
    could it be because of the settings?
    In the manual, unfortunately there is nothing about the settings for spindle
    (Syil X4 +, built in 2008)

Just got a machine like this, I understand it is an old post but it might help someone new.

Spindle control (3rd picture) is disabled make sure you enable it and also enable output number you have chosen. If more info is needed I could post pictures of my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpsrlz View Post

Spindle control (3rd picture) is disabled make sure you enable it
    Which setting specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpsrlz View Post
    Just got a machine like this, I understand it is an old post but it might help someone new.

Spindle control (3rd picture) is disabled make sure you enable it and also enable output number you have chosen. If more info is needed I could post pictures of my setup.
    Yes, would you post a picture of your set up.

I am having the same trouble!

Thank you,

CE