584,800 active members*
4,747 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 88 of 88 3878868788
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1750
    Brand new to the CNC world but getting hooked quickly. Not sure how much time I've spent but have read this thread from beginning to end. Wow! Thank you Joe and all the other contributors. Definitely a learning experience. Too bad you're no longer in north AL, I'm just a bit east in Madison. Would love to hear from anyone in my area that has one of Joe's machines built. I'm sure it would be a big help to see one in person and in action.

Joe, emailed you twice about your hybrid kit. Figure my email might have gone to spam. Thought I'd add a note here as well.

Anyway, really just wanted to say thanks to all the supportive sharing in this thread and on this site in general. I now have the bug

John

Re: Joe's CNC Model 2006

Hola, que tal. Soy nuevo en esto. Me gustaría saber como se llama el CNC que se presenta en el video siguiente https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNvo...ature=youtu.be . Se llama evolution? . De ser así, los planos donde los puedo descargar?

WoodNDust Guest

Wondering how well the black pipe is working for linear rails or is there a reason to upgrade/change?

I've used black pipe for linear rails for ten years now and have been fairly successful in my cnc work. However, unsupported linear rails are always going to have some flex in them, so you will not have a super accurate machine because of this flex. For most of my cnc woodwork, I do not need accuracy greater than 1/32 - 1/64 of an inch and for most of my work, this has been more than enough accuracy. They are cheap compared to the commercial style supported linear rails.

WoodNDust Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I've used black pipe for linear rails for ten years now and have been fairly successful in my cnc work. However, unsupported linear rails are always going to have some flex in them, so you will not have a super accurate machine because of this flex. For most of my cnc woodwork, I do not need accuracy greater than 1/32 - 1/64 of an inch and for most of my work, this has been more than enough accuracy. They are cheap compared to the commercial style supported linear rails.
    First, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

When I look at Joes 2006 R2 design, I like everything overall, except the way the bearings ride along the side of the rails and the tensioning box. To me, (I could be wrong) this seems like the weak point in the design. Using the same pipe and skate bearings in an over/under bearing assembly like in the Y gantry seems like a better design.

As for pipe itself, have you done anything to it such as turn it true on a lathe or clean up with sandpaper, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WoodNDust View Post
    First, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

When I look at Joes 2006 R2 design, I like everything overall, except the way the bearings ride along the side of the rails and the tensioning box. To me, (I could be wrong) this seems like the weak point in the design. Using the same pipe and skate bearings in an over/under bearing assembly like in the Y gantry seems like a better design.

As for pipe itself, have you done anything to it such as turn it true on a lathe or clean up with sandpaper, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't done much of anything to the blacks pipes other than trying to find the straightest pipes when I purchased them. My cnc is a JGRO design that I built ten years ago. There a number of designs available now on the open builds web site you should look at. These designs weren't around when I built mine. OpenBuilds OX CNC Machine | OpenBuilds

thanks for the formats i coulnt get the eams file to work but now i do Thanks.

Hi Guys. Just wondering if anyone can tell me or point me in the right direction. As you know. Many of the stepper/ servo kits bought online have to be run with an old computer through the parallel port. Is there anything out there one could use to make a windows 7 or windows 10 computer work? Perhaps some special adapter or kit?
    Thanks in advance.

This is a very nice one and gives in-depth information. I am really happy with the quality and presentation of the article. I’d really like to appreciate the efforts you get with writing this post. Thanks for sharing.
    https://www.sevenmentor.com/ccna-cou...-pune-area.php

this info about cnc model is very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I really thank you for giving us
    better information about this service. Good luck with the info PDS
    International is also providing logistics services for these products supply chain
    https://www.pdsinternational.in

Page 88 of 88 3878868788