585,996 active members*
4,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Videos > "Foot Louis XV" on my home made CN 4 axes

"Foot Louis XV" on my home made CN 4 axes

Hello everyone

I am happy :bananaf being able to make you share my first test of machining on my CN in 4 axes, of a foot Louis XV. Test carried out on some 80 mm thickness extruded polystyrene.

I have just assembled a 4iem axis on my CN.

Thanks to this one I can make machinings a little more complex. Here a test of machining of a foot “Louis XV”, traditional of our cabinetmakers…

FXL126-Console-Louis-XV-3-Usinage-4-Axes-Pied-test-CNd'FXL.wmv - YouTube

You can also see the project drawn on Topsolid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujy68e9j2lE&feature=context&context=C47571 06VDvjVQa1PpcFOUVc6AE3XB0DMp-A5mW65pRy_-pTFVc4E=]FXL126-Console-Louis-XV-1-DAO-Topsolid.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

PS: the angular adjustment of the 4iem axis has, using “Bevel Box”:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOOmcJGfwmU&feature=plcp&context=C41a9bc0V DvjVQa1PpcFOUVc6AE3XB0BXdLpk5D6_TChRh9xmPMp8=]FXL126-Console-Louis-XV-3-Réglage-4-Axes-CNd'FXL.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you for your comments…

@+ FXL126

Others vidéos on my Youtube chain:
    FXL126 - YouTube

Good evening,

and here the continuation: The test of machining of the bent cross-pieces of the console Louis XV…:banana:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QAIFAaqPfQ&feature=plcp&context=C4757106V DvjVQa1PpcFOUVc6AE3XB0DMp-A5mW65pRy_-pTFVc4E=]FXL126-Console-Louis-XV-5-Usinage-4-Axes-Traverse-CNd'FXL.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

First test of machining on my CN in 4 axes, of a bent cross-piece Louis XV. Test carried out on some 50 mm thickness extruded polystyrene.

@+ FXL126

That is there ! The foot LOUIS XV in oak is finally machined on my CN...

Outline made with the band saw, then 62 minutes of machinings on CN, for the ravancements, the mortises, the chamfer with 45° the various contours, and finally the gougures of the external contours.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIvnmj2cjq8&feature=plcp]FXL126 Console Louis XV 4 Usinage 4 Axes Pied CNd'FXL - YouTube[/ame]

-----------

ca y est ! Le pied LOUIS XV en chêne est enfin usiné sur ma CN...

Ebauche faite à la scie à ruban, puis 62 minutes d'usinages sur la CN, pour les ravancements, les mortaises, le chanfrein à 45°
    les divers galbes, et enfin les gougures des galbes extérieurs.

@+FXL

Awesome job! I can't wait to see the entire completed piece!

Hello,

Patience….patience… that will be for soon!
    Thank you for your message.

@+FXL

4iem axis bent Cross-pieces Louis XV

That is there too! The cross-pieces LOUIS XV in oak are finally machined on my CN

After having made a new test on polystyrene, at full speed i.e. maximum 3000mm/mn for axis X and 1500mm/mn for Y, without loss of step for various machinings, it with been necessary that I reduce speed in the oak.

Indeed as of the first trajectories I lost steps in X.
    I thus passed maximum speed out of F to 2000 mm/mn, and there more problem of step.
    On the other hand, always in the oak, when I was in catch full matter (depth 7mm), I reduced speed F to 800mm/mn, in dynamics with the mouse in mach3.

All this with thus required: 65 minutes of machinings on CN, by cross-piece, for:
    - The outlines mills right of 14 mm (back and face)
    Mortises for one of the 2 cross-pieces (intended to make the two 1/2 cross-pieces of with dimensions)
    Tenons
    - Then Strawberry swell of Ø 14mm for the contours of the face, and of against facing
    - Lastly, Fraise swell of Ø 8mm, for the drilling of the pivots of installation of the top.

The video it is here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubf0Xp6jHf0&feature=plcp]FXL126 Console Louis XV 5 Usinage 4 Axes Traverse CNd'FXL - YouTube[/ame]
    @+ FXL

Others vidéos on my chain:
    Chaîne de FXL126 - YouTube

Ça y est aussi ! Les traverses LOUIS XV en chêne sont enfin usinées sur ma CN
    Après avoir fait un nouveau test sur polystyrène, à pleine vitesse c'est à dire à 3000mm/mn maxi pour l'axe X et 1500mm/mn pour Y, sans perte de pas pour les usinages divers, il à fallu que je réduise la vitesse dans le chêne.
    En effet dès les premières trajectoires j'ai perdu des pas en X.
    J'ai donc passé la vitesse maxi en F à 2000 mm/mn, et là plus de problème de pas.
    Par contre, toujours dans le chêne, lorsque j'étais en prise pleine matière (profondeur 7mm), je réduisais la vitesse F à 800mm/mn, en dynamique avec la souris dans mach3.

Tous ceci à donc nécessité : 65 minutes d'usinages sur la CN, par traverse, pour :
    - Les ébauches fraise droites de 14 mm (contre-parement et face)
    Les mortaises pour l'une des 2 traverses (destinée à faire les deux 1/2 traverses des cotés)
    Les tenons
    - Puis Fraise boule de Ø 14mm pour les galbes de la face, et du contre parement
    - Enfin, Fraise boule de Ø 8mm, pour le perçage des tourillons de mise en place du dessus.

console Louis XV machined on my CN 4 axes

Hello,
    Here the result of this project of realization of a console Louis XV, machined on my CN 4 axes...:cheers:
    In this film you will discover just this one, installation in the entry...
    (duration of this video: 2 minutes)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb39Zl1gU3Q&feature=plcp]FXL126-Console-Louis-XV-8-En-place.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

foot-note: On the other video,
    "FXL126-Console-Louis-XV-6-Finitions-et-montage-de-la-console" (duration 9' 25")
    you have all the stages of completions and assembly of the console; as well as the installation.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh6vrPuATQI&feature=plcp]FXL126 Console Louis XV 6 Finitions et montage de la console - YouTube[/ame]

@+ FXL

Others vidéos on my chain:
    Chaîne de FXL126 - YouTube

--------------
    Voici l'aboutissement de ce projet de réalisation d'une console Louis XV, usinée sur ma CN 4 axes...
    Dans ce film vous découvrirez juste celle-ci, mise en place dans l'entrée...
    (durée de cette vidéo : 2 minutes)
    nota : Sur l'autre vidéo,
    "FXL126-Console-Louis-XV-6-Finitions-et-montage-de-la-console"(durée 9' 25")
    vous avez toutes les étapes de finitions et de montage de la console; ainsi que la pose.