584,833 active members*
5,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > 021 start radius end radius error
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by XAD View Post
    no i dont feel goo enough with this number im going to try a 6" parallel and see what i get i know that that is 6" so i have a good starting point.
    this site is awesome by the way lots of good helpful people and i thank everyone for the kind help!
    well i feel pretty good about the number i came up with but now the guy is out of the office
    any number seems to be .133868 long in 1" so a 1x1 square will cut 1.1330x1.000

Did you ever check the pulley like suggested. Pretty easy to remove the covers and measure x and y pulleys.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Did you ever check the pulley like suggested. Pretty easy to remove the covers and measure x and y pulleys.
    I did i believe they were they same i still have the covers off i felt that the teeth count would be different .
    i have been working with delta on adjusting the x to match actual travel with no luck every equation does not work i have 6 " of actual travel and the readout says 5.1964 we typed in the calculation and it changed lie .003 the only changes i can come up with one comes to 6.23 something and I did get to to 7.2 something nothing in between like 5.75 what a mess and the guy on ebay himes machinery says I got a good deal at 5700 and says the x has never been changed but you can clearly see when taking cover off it has been into not to long ago probably why they sold it same trouble im having.

Greetings-
    Trouble shooting is basically the elimination of variables and underthewire had the best idea of swapping the motors (along with pully) which is what I would do. If the problem switches to the Y axis, then I would switch the pully only back to original axis (leaving motors swapped) to see if it is the encoder or the pully. It sucks that you have this problem, but once fixed, these machines seem to run well for a VERY long time.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by T0DD View Post
    Greetings-
    Trouble shooting is basically the elimination of variables and underthewire had the best idea of swapping the motors (along with pully) which is what I would do. If the problem switches to the Y axis, then I would switch the pully only back to original axis (leaving motors swapped) to see if it is the encoder or the pully. It sucks that you have this problem, but once fixed, these machines seem to run well for a VERY long time.
    Todd
    Todd,
    I have been told a couple time to switch out the motors or the wires in the box I have been trying to avoid this but will look at it tomorrow Im about out of time to get parts done in time. that is very good to hear that they are good machines and that is what my research said when I looked into this type of machine.
    thank you again i will let you know if i can do the swap tomorrow

Check the motors / pulleys. X should have 13/26 tooth pulleys, Y should be 15/30, Z should be 12/30. If the motors were switched at one time for troubleshooting and not put back you'd have this.. but you'd also have the Y or Z axis measuring wrong also.

Bob
    [email protected]

PS: On a similar note, we just rebuilt a 425 here in our shop that had a similar but uncommon problem. The belt was jumping a tooth going one direction and not the other. Good times trying to figure out that one, even though it was such a simple problem.

Quote Originally Posted by zpsbob View Post
    Check the motors / pulleys. X should have 13/26 tooth pulleys, Y should be 15/30, Z should be 12/30. If the motors were switched at one time for troubleshooting and not put back you'd have this.. but you'd also have the Y or Z axis measuring wrong also.

Bob
    [email protected]

PS: On a similar note, we just rebuilt a 425 here in our shop that had a similar but uncommon problem. The belt was jumping a tooth going one direction and not the other. Good times trying to figure out that one, even though it was such a simple problem.
    Bob,
    Thank you
    I just checked and the X has a 15/26 and Y 15/ 30 could this be the problem? also do you have a source for a 13 tooth?
    Thank you
    Richard

Absolutely. What is on the Y and Z motors? Did someone move them around?

What motors are on the axes? Baldor taper shaft? MSI? Baldor straight shaft? They take different pulleys

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by zpsbob View Post
    Absolutely. What is on the Y and Z motors? Did someone move them around?

What motors are on the axes? Baldor taper shaft? MSI? Baldor straight shaft? They take different pulleys

Bob
    it is baldor not sure if its taper shaft or parrerel yet
    whats on there is
    X 15/26
    Y 15/ 30
    so im guessing the 15 tooth pulley is the problem making it ravel farther then the read out displays?

update
    well its been still a trying time
    Bob,
    has been helping me a lot!! took the x axis motor off because it has the wrong pulley on simple right wrong first off trying to find a 13 tooth pulley with a taper shaft seems impossible. I go to the auto zone rent a pulley puller 2 ton figure should be plenty wrong, it splits the threaded shaft could of turned a simple pulley change into a 1300 - 2000 cost from what i have been quoted so far not good!.
    any way does anybody have any sources for parts for these machines?

Got three junk baldor motors available. I'll check if they are straight or tapered. You would need to take yours apart and swap the armature with a junk one. Next time, soak in pb blaster or kroil first. Heat on the pulley if all else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Got three junk baldor motors available. I'll check if they are straight or tapered. You would need to take yours apart and swap the armature with a junk one. Next time, soak in pb blaster or kroil first. Heat on the pulley if all else fails.
    That may work im not sure im qualified to be taking it apart though may create more damage, maybe i can cut the bolt end of whats left and drill and tap the rod it broke flush with the pulley. Then use a bolt and a washer to hold pulley on do you think this would work? of course i still have to get the old pulley off.
    On your idea of changing the armature out if i did that i would need a straight shaft as the 13 tooth pulleys are out there for that shaft.
    once again
    underthetire
    thank you!

ok I got the pulley off looks like I can salvage motor at this point now I just need a 13 tooth 1.750 taper shaft pulley.

Machine update

Well I found a 13 tooth pulley set the parameters back and bam all seems well been running it for a couple weeks trying to get caught up on parts, seems ok hope i did not jinx myself by this post.

And a thank you to BOB for getting the pulley and everyone here with all the help setting lag and all!
    this a great place for help!

Glad its going!!

Bob

Lots of good info in here!

Page 3 of 3 123