585,759 active members*
4,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > 021 start radius end radius error
Page 1 of 3 123

021 start radius end radius error

hello,
    Can anyone give me some info on this error? the machine is a j325 with a delta 10 on it (it was suppose to have a 20 is what I was told when I bought it) now I cannot run anything because of this error any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Richard

Cutting an arc?

Remember on dynapath I,j,k are absolute unless you specify with a backslash. Ixxx/, jxxx/ etc.
    Also improper tool radius will cause problems in offset page.

Only real difference on the 10/20 was calc assist. They look identical.

Thank you for the reply im using mastercam to program and the delta dynapath conversational post processor i changed some settings and now it is working don't know what one it was but one of them worked lol. no im having trouble on a simple peck drill for drilling for soft jaws? it takes to pecks then just sits there?

Does the * come on the z position display when it stops?

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Im not sure i will check it aagin tomorrow thanks again!

I loaded the same program back into it today to check for that and it ran perfect not sure what the problem was unless it just needed reset. thank you again for taking the time to help me!
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by XAD View Post
    I loaded the same program back into it today to check for that and it ran perfect not sure what the problem was unless it just needed reset. thank you again for taking the time to help me!
    Richard
    its doing it again now and the * is not on the Z line?

Spindle running for a while?

Quill is probably heating up from the spindle and not sliding in the housing correctly.

Lube problem on the quill

Or, motor balance is out of adjustment. May need to remove the Z motor, blow out the carbon, inspect brushes and check for case to armature shorting. Then a drive adjustment.

Spindle running for a while?

Quill is probably heating up from the spindle and not sliding in the housing correctly.

Lube problem on the quill

Or, motor balance is out of adjustment. May need to remove the Z motor, blow out the carbon, inspect brushes and check for case to armature shorting. Then a drive adjustment.
    No not at all just a minute maybe the errors out? or quits

Go to mode select-i believe 6, not in front of one. Anyways, it's the set up page. In that page you can turn on servo Lag display. Turn it on. go to position/manual mode. Should be at 0 +/-1 at stand still on the display. Now jog at medium with the overide turned all the way up. Post back with readings from stand still and jog up/down.

Go to mode select-i believe 6, not in front of one. Anyways, it's the set up page. In that page you can turn on servo Lag display. Turn it on. go to position/manual mode. Should be at 0 +/-1 at stand still on the display. Now jog at medium with the overide turned all the way up. Post back with readings from stand still and jog up/down.
    not sure im doing it correct but
    at stand still
    X-7
    y-1
    z-7

Your X &Z are wayy too far out. So, your not getting the in position * , program will halt.

You need to adjust the BAL pot on the axis cards for both X & Z till you get close to 0 at stand still. Use a plastic type screwdriver so you dont get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by XAD View Post
    not sure im doing it correct but
    at stand still
    X-7
    y-1
    z-7
    ok maybe this is what your looking for
    X at rest .0007 moving .0079
    Y at rest .0001 moving .0125
    Z at rest .0007 moving .0142

I hope this is what your asking?
    and thank you for the help!
    Richard

Your X &Z are wayy too far out. So, your not getting the in position * , program will halt.

You need to adjust the BAL pot on the axis cards for both X & Z till you get close to 0 at stand still. Use a plastic type screwdriver so you dont get hurt.
    how do I get to these for adjustment?

Boy, that thing won't cut a very nice circle...

Not sure if you have Baldor or MSI motors/drives. Either way, they are on the axis cards on the rack in the middle of the cabinet. It has the large capacitor on it with a resistor on top of the cap.

Each board has small pots along the edge. Tach/gain/BAL etc. They should be labeled on the board itself. You need to slowly adjust balance till you get the 0 or so on axis stand still.

Your drives are really in need of a good tuning though. Some old Tree employees bought the leftover rights, they should have the drive tuning procedure. Can't remember who they were. You will need a good multimeter to do it.

Maybe start here
    www.zpsusa.com
    I think Bob shows up here from time to time, but he is about the best with Tree stuff.

Boy, that thing won't cut a very nice circle...

Not sure if you have Baldor or MSI motors/drives. Either way, they are on the axis cards on the rack in the middle of the cabinet. It has the large capacitor on it with a resistor on top of the cap.

Each board has small pots along the edge. Tach/gain/BAL etc. They should be labeled on the board itself. You need to slowly adjust balance till you get the 0 or so on axis stand still.

Your drives are really in need of a good tuning though. Some old Tree employees bought the leftover rights, they should have the drive tuning procedure. Can't remember who they were. You will need a good multimeter to do it.

Maybe start here
    ZPS-CNC USA, Inc.
    I think Bob shows up here from time to time, but he is about the best with Tree stuff.
    ok I adjusted the balance to 0 flash 1 on all drives at rest and it is running
    now thank you so much again for your help! I owe you big time!!! will this suffice or do I need to do more tuning?

If you want to make round circles you do!

You can slowly turn the tach pot on the X until it matches the Y at jog. That will help you quite a bit. Right now i'm guessing its about .002-.003 out of round in a circle, in the 45 deg quadrants.

PS, they should all read the same at the same jog rate. Thats how servos are "timed" to each other for contouring.

If you want to make round circles you do!

You can slowly turn the tach pot on the X until it matches the Y at jog. That will help you quite a bit. Right now i'm guessing its about .002-.003 out of round in a circle, in the 45 deg quadrants.

PS, they should all read the same at the same jog rate. Thats how servos are "timed" to each other for contouring.
    that means I got some work to do I timed them at rest only i will go back and check in the jog mode also i used balance to get them the same and tach pot while jogging?
    thank you

Make sure you only adjust the TACH pot. your balance is good now.

Make sure you only adjust the TACH pot. your balance is good now.
    great info! should x y and z match or just xy?

Page 1 of 3 123