586,024 active members*
4,064 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > loading .txt into centurion 6

loading .txt into centurion 6

So itermittantly while i load .txt into my centurion 6 if the disk has been used or the program has been erased and resaved if EVERYTHING in the universe isnt just so... the controller completely shuts down and asks for a power down to reset. it shuts the drives and everything. but if i make sure that the disk is completly blank before putting the program on the disk and save the program to my hard drive on my laptop then copy the program to the disk it will 90 perct of the time work. but if it doesnt if it goes hay wire the disk is usually shop completely any ideas?

Floppy disk problems

Hi bestrada11, You may be static shocking the floppy as you go from computer to your control. I have noticed that I have had that problem this year and have had to reformat the disk on the control in dos then try to run scan disk from the dos prompt in my win xp desktop where I do my custom threading routines for my T400 lathe control. If it reads the disk on the desktop It will usually work ok. But as I say I have ruined 6 floppy disks this year alone from static electricity. My T400 control does not crash when I get the dos read error, but my partner 1 does and I have to reboot the control and then I get a new disk and format it on the Centurion 5 control and it will read ok when I copy a file from my desktop.

Ron

If my cent 6 crashs the disk is toast. And I'm w you I've murdered about 6 disks as well maybe more I lost count. But if I make sure that I follow the sequence I'm usually ok.
    1. Format disk
    2. Bobcad post process and save to desk top.
    3. Copy from desktop to A:
    4 load in cent 6.
    5 before I do anything else remove disk asap from cent 6 and erase program from disk.
    6 store disk till next use completely blank.
    What a freakin pain right?