585,877 active members*
3,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KL 4030 Drivers with C10

I'm having some issues with 2 of my drivers not working properly. I have 3 KL 4030 drivers being controlled with a C10 BOB and Mach3. I can only get 1 driver working for the stepper motors, and the other two drivers won't spin the motors. They are getting power but not enough to start the motor spinning (a grinding sound but no movement). I don't think that it is a torque issue because I can use the good driver to get every axis moving individually, but the 2 bad drivers are not working properly. I have read through the User's Guide for Mach3 several times but can't find a similar problem or solution. Do you think that it could be the drivers or the C10? Thanks for the help, John.

Just a guess - are you sure that the DIP switches are set properly?

Are the Mach3 speed and acceleration and steps per unit length set to identical values (or appropriate values, if the mechanical components differ between the axes)?

The DIP switches are set correctly and have tried several microstepping configurations. I also started the look at the waveforms going into the drivers (A+ A- B+ B-) and saw something strange that leads me to believe the drivers are bad. On the "good" driver, the waveforms are opposite squarewaves (A+ is high when A- is low) for the A and B windings. But for the 2 "bad" drivers, A+ is a constant voltage (24V for one and 0V for the other) and A- is a squarewave. I checked the acceleration and speed, and they were all identical.