585,996 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol T32 Turret Clamping problem

Hello

I have Mazatrol T32 Machine. The problem is that the Turret is not clamping. When rotated it rotates for one cycle and then stops insted of clamping at station. There are 16 stations. I have checked with Encoder and Sensor and they are working fine. Please help me to find soultion on this

Byee

Try and stop it at different tools and see if any work.

I have checked with Encoder and Sensor and they are working fine.
    How did you check the encoder?

Some turrets have slowdown switches, is the turret servo driven or hydraulic driven?

If servo you need to look at feedback and parameters.

If hydraulic you need to look at switches. There are many switches.. say you have 8 switches. 1 clamp/unclamp, 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are all going to be inputs. The combination of them switches determines position. 1 switch will be a slow down switch.

Do you get any alarms?
    Jack of all, master of none
    Galveston, TX

thnaks dude for your reply. Actually i have found that the encoder is faulty and was not able to send back the message to system properly. so now i am searching for new encoder. It is sumtak Make. can you help me out to locate one?

byeee

Renco Encoders have taken over Sumtak distribution in the US, if you know the resolution and output type, it might be easy to sub. to another make if the original is unavailable.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

You guys are lucky i hada similar problem with a T32 and we ended up having to fork out €4500 for a new hydraulic motor.

We had been getting a 221 and 272 alarm, we found that the switch had a short and wouldn't always read shaft position between tools 1 and 2. We pulled the switch out of the bracket and cut the wires and re-soldered a new switch. This seemed a quick fix w/ minimal down time to re-route the wire.