585,727 active members*
4,132 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OM with 911 error

I have a milling machine with a OM-B control. I was just loading a program to it and got a 911 error. I turned off the power and turned it back on then I got a 101 error code. My book said to change pwe to 1 and power up while holding delete key. When I did this the screen turned to a dot then went blank. Now it does nothing at all. Any suggestions or help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gorton22 View Post
    I have a milling machine with a OM-B control. I was just loading a program to it and got a 911 error. I turned off the power and turned it back on then I got a 101 error code. My book said to change pwe to 1 and power up while holding delete key. When I did this the screen turned to a dot then went blank. Now it does nothing at all. Any suggestions or help. Thanks
    First of all, I would make sure that the monitor is working ok.
    Do you have a backup of the parameters?
    If the monitor is not turning on I would disconnect the I/O connectors and try to power on just to see if you don't have a short.
    If the monitor is ok and if there is no short, then you probably lost memory. Try RESET + DELETE at power on to erase all memory, sometimes it works. Remember that the memory in this control is in the master pcb.

alex: when I turn power on all I get is 402-05 on screen. I can go through the soft keys and look at pos, program,ofset, parameters,etc. I do not have a back up copy of the parameters. I thought that I did but now that I think that I need them no. Monitor seems to work now. None of my input keys are lit like home jog mdi . What is my next path. Thanks

when u switch on the machine and select MDI mood and have the emergency button pressed ,do u see any thing on the screen??

all source functions are dead. all operation keys are dead also. thanks

Do you see any values in the parameter screen?
    If not, you must enter the parameters. CNC and PC parameters.
    Regards
    Alex

parameter #1 has a 1in it all others are zero. The machine is a Siber Hegner RB-1 CNC bed mill. Any help with parameters?

You need to enter the parameters. NC and PC parameters. If the control is 0 A, B or C then you must enter 900 parameters first. If this is a 0i control then you must enter 9900s parameters first.
    You should have a parameter list in the maintenance book, not the FANUC maintenance.
    If you don't find the parameters you should contact the machine tool builder directly or ask in the forum if someone has a machine similar to yours.
    Good luck
    Alex

i agree with alexfanuc
    it happened to me 3 years ago the machine is fanuc O-M vmc i lost all the parameters and have to insert them to the machine manually in mdi mood
    and some of the parameters after u insert it u have to switch off the machine and then switch on again to proceed ,
    usually u find the back up parameter sheets back in the electric cabinet door
    i hope this help
    regards

I figured that I lost the parameters. I only have 900-915 I do not have any other ones. The pages are missing or I did not get them with the machine. What forum would be the best to ask for someone with a similar machine. I will try a phone no listed in the front of the manual for service and see if they are still in business. What caused this 911 error in the first place. If I get the machine to run again I don't want this to happen again if I can avoid it.
    Thanks everyone for all your help.

ur mistake is that u switch on the machine while holding delete key .
    i have the manual and i review the alarm number 911 and alarm number 101
    as per the manual it says for the alarm number 101 to clear it (press reset key while pressing (PROG) and only the program being edited will be deleted .
    u had 911 alarm released either because u where sending a program from pc to machine with incorrect setup parameter for (parity). or u were writing a program manually in edit mood and the power short happened and came back to normal very quick .
    i had the same problem before while i was writing a program and the power shut down and came back again and the machine didn't shutdown because it was too fast shortage in the power after that i get immediately an alarm says that i have to clear all the memory(only programs not the parameters)
    any way now to solve ur problem u have to find the parameters back up
    and i don't think u r going to have the alarm 911 again , and even if u get it again u can release it without loosing the parameter . all u have to do is press reset key while pressing (prog) that's all
    wish u good luck