585,930 active members*
3,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Needed help in Central Ohio

Hello,

A while back I bought a Grizzly G0619 for the express purpose of turning it into a CNC machine. Long story short, I got too busy and never had time to get it done... and have been using the mill as a manual mill for the whole time. But I recently have a project that I desperately would like to utilize it as a CNC mill (modifying 900 pcs of the exact same plastic shell), while time is NOT on my side. So I decided I really should ask for help.

If someone can come to our office and help with the conversion/setup, I would greatly appreciate it!! I already have the ball screws, controller board, motor etc... which were acquired about 2 years ago. They may not be the latest and greatest but should serve the purpose for now. However I am not afraid of spending a little and get some updated components, if necessary. In the same token as long a we can afford it we will gladly compensate you for the help as well. (Or trade your service with some other stuff... we can discuss.) Just let me know what it will take.

Any questions and comments will be highly welcome!!

Thanks,

Wallace

Any questions and comments will be highly welcome!!

Hi, Saw your post.... setting up a hobby machine and all that entails is not a great idea if you are using it for a real business - Time=money and all that. Little Machine shop sells some cnc machines that work out of the box and will probably save you money if your needs are "light".... In a hobby context, it may make sense to roll your own, but not for a business. Its also one thing to get "mentoring" for hobby purposes, but again, for a business, if you really want to "roll your own", you should hire it out. At the CNC conference in Ann Arbor a bit ago, they had a CNC workshop where you built your mill right on the spot. That may be another option that saves a bit of out of pocket money, though might not fit your timing needs.