584,863 active members*
4,866 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > importing a parasolid file for use as an electrode

importing a parasolid file for use as an electrode

I want to import a parasolid file and use it as an electrode in my assembly, how can this be done? (maybe it can't?)

so what I ended up doing for an FYI to anyone interested is create a new cimatron part with the parasolid file first then add that part to the assembly I want to create the electrode in. Next I extract an electrode choosing a surface from that new part, could be any surface it's just to create an electrode in the tree. Next I removed all the surfaces that it selected and turned on the level with the new part (which is exactly what I want for an electrode). I create a sketch on the main surface of the part( which is the holder side of the electrode) and create a circle in my case to match the diameter exactly of what I have on the part and create a new extrusion the exact length of my part. Now make a cut taking the imported part file away from the new extrusion. Now you have a cavity that you can cut the real electrode from. Extract a new electrode again and once again remove any surfaces selected. Now using the new electrode that was created create a sketch on the top surface and create a new extrusion down the length of the electrode. Now do a cut using the electrode that was previously created to cut the new electrode and now you have the exact electode that was imported. The part that was imported originally can now be deleted and the first electrode that was created can now be deleted as well. Now you have the assembly with the core or cavity block and the electrode that was built from the parasolid file that was imported originally.