585,902 active members*
5,002 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

High Quality Mini-mill

Hi Folks:

I have a customer interested in buying a mini-mill to make coin replicas and customized coins like shown here in this video clip.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uRnjOi-oVI&feature=related]Moneta - YouTube[/ame]

this one shown here is done in Bronze, but the customer would like to be able to do steel.

So since I'm from the US I try to sell US equipment, and Chinese is surely out.

Here's what I found so far.

Minitech - Seems they can do it, but I can't get someone to answer the phone or respond by email

Flash Cut - Looks as if they could do it

Xitech (MaxNC) - don't respond to email

MicroProto - don't know

Vision: Responded and gave me a quote on a machine that in the specs can't do this.

Anybody have any advice where to go, who has the capability and who actually responds to inquiries.

Customer is solid, bought a decent 3D scanning system already...and doesn't want to buy poorly made local (Russian and Ukrainian) stuff.

Unitec

Unitec in Poland

Seems they can do it too, and at least they answered the phone when I called.

Not much help but all I can say is you need a high quality mill, the one in video seems not rugged enough [chatter], to cut steel in high detail.
    Use a sharp tool & cut cool !

I guess steel is cheaper to forge coins.

High Quality Mini-mill

I would reccomend a "Super Prolight 1000" or a "ExpertMill VMC 0600" from Intelitek Corp.

Have a machine for this

I have a machine that will do this no problem. I don't know what kind of budget is in place but you can email me at [email protected] and we can talk more about what we have for this application. It would ship from NJ and is in stock in MA. USA.

Intelek looks promising. Will add them to my list. Any idea on price?

The Super Prolight 1000 is about 30k new, and is a high quality machine. I'm not sure about the ExpertMill VMC-0600 price, but I think it's less than the prolight 1000. I have a Prolight 1000, Prolight 3000, ExpertMill VMC, and TMC 1000 all made by Intelitek. They are all great little machines, best machines on the market for their size.

It looks like there are much cheaper solutions that would fit the bill. The bare casting and control alone on the machines I offer would be more than 30k in cost. Maybe look at Haas benchtop machines. Datron and Microlution are both expensive. I would be concerned about the finishes on a machine that is so cheap. It seems a coin would require the ability to make very fluid 3-d motions. A machine that is designed for engraving alone will likely not be able produce fine finishes on forms.

I can not see the video, can you pls send it to my email box?
    [email protected]
    maybe, I can provide some suggestions.
    www.tayoutec.com