584,861 active members*
5,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

warthog to mcah 3 conversion

Ive laid out the pin configuration to go from the old warthog software to mach 3 . The machine im working with has anaheim automation steppers and a anaheim controller , i can make x y z move but they jerk and jump nonstop. Ive gone into the motor tuning screen and tried to tune them but spec wise i cant find anything on the net about these motors other then size and oz. They are aneheim automation model 34d207s steppers.

One thing that did have me confused is pin # and pin dir, on the controller you have pin ccw and pin cw , i think i have those correct but im still looking for the steps and what not , any help would be appreciated.

In mach3 you can go to the settings page/tab, just above the reset button there is a button called click on it. Pick an axis to calibrate type in how far you want to move then put in how far it moved, do it several times for each axis and mach3 will figure it out for you

Tried that around 90 times and can get things better but still the motors are jerky and allmost seem to growl at you when you send a jog to them. It has something to do with the pulses im sure and the acceleration but i cant seem to find any documentation that would tell me close to where i need to be.