585,760 active members*
3,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc on a Series 2

These must be rare. this is the only one I have ever seen. It is a Bridgeport Series 2 with Fanuc 11m. Very nice machine.

Darek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FanucSeries2.jpg  

with red cap servoes no less.....

About 1986 Bridgeport had a R2G3 which was a BOSS 9 but with a Fanuc control. I saw one of these in a Bridgeport wharehouse on Long Island NY.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I made a program for my Bridgeport like Surfcams and MasterCams solid graphics tool path simulator for Mach 2 or 3 that runs from Fanuc style G code in a separate window. It has a few bugs yet but it will be ready soon. I have no way to protect my program and I don't want to give it away so I don't want to post it on CNCZONE for free.

How much could I get for a program like this?

Starman

Bridgeport had something similar as part of its enhanced performance package. It was call NC-VIEW. It took Bridgeport G and M code and converted it to Fanuc code and produced solid modeling on the DX32 controls.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I am almost finished with my machine simulator. I have found a way to run MACH 2/3 G code files from the GCODE folder and tap in to the tool sizes.

Is a solid rendered animation tool path simulator for Mach 2/3 worth any thing?

If I was to sell it what should I ask for it?

When I am finished I might let a few people try it out to tell me what they think but I don't want Art to get his hands on it. I have no way to protect it from copying.

sm

FYI:
    There is a copy protection way you could go. New games coming out on CDROM and DVD have a protection scheme called STARFORCE which is putting software pirates in a tizzy. They have not broken it yet. But it means the CD or DVD must be in the PC to run. They have devised a painful work around that includes removeing all optical drives from a PC and a software patch. Not worth the effort.

George