585,973 active members*
4,192 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > All programs are "Write Protected". What parameter controls this?

Question All programs are "Write Protected". What parameter controls this?

Hello,
    Ive been on a long journey getting my Tsugami working again after the sub motherboard died and am getting close.

The current problem Im trying to solve is I can not input any program into my Sub side (2 path control, main takes programs fine).

I know parameter 3202 locks out 8000 and or 9000 programs but is there one that locks ALL programs?

The control gives a "buffer overflow" error when you try to send one in through the rs-232 and it says "write protect" if you go are in Edit and type o0001 -> input (or any program #. Ive tried several)

Any thoughts?
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

Which control?
    All controls have a Program Protect key switch and sometimes have an additional safety interlock. There is also a password protected parameter that controls a custom program range of protection.

Its an 18TB control. Just checked all the switches (that I know of) and they're not locked

Also, param 3290 (data protect) bit 7 (Key) is 1 on both the main and sub. to test a theory we set that bit to 0 on the main and tried to input a program and got "write protect". So we set it back to 1 and it takes a new program fine. Then double checked that parameter on the sub and it is 1 but still giving a "write protect". What else controls program protect?
    CNC Product Manager / Training Consultant

param 3210 sets a password to protect programs 9xxx.
    The actual bit for program protect will go through the ladder and may be combined with other conditions. You will have to look at your ladder to see what is doing that.