585,663 active members*
3,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

dnc on centroid M-400

Hi I just purchased a 1997 supermax YCM-40 with M-400 centroid control cnc 7 software v8.23 the control works and can program from control but need to run 3D parts from bobcadcam using predator dnc but can't get control to talk to pc don't have password to get in and configer dnc do any of you no if there is a standared pass word or what the baud rate and setting are .

Try 137

Thanks for the fast reply 137 works but doesn't help with dnc looks like i need a dos program to talke to this machine not sure will call centroid tomorow mabye they have the software to work with this .

the control has a program called interlink and interserv

the control has a program called interlink and interserv that will send and receive files via rs 232. i haven't used it in years. email marc at cncsnw.com i'm sure for a few bucks he can help you configure it.

here are the instructions.

For CNC7 (DOS):

Overview

The DOS-based programs Interlink.exe and Intersvr.exe (Note: Interlink and Intersvr only work with Windows 95,98 and ME) enable the transfer of files from one computer to another by using a NULL MODEM RS232 CABLE that connects the serial port of the control to a second computer (PC) serial port. In order to establish a connection, you must first designate the PC as the "server". The control is already configured as the "client" upon boot-up. While the PC (server) is running Intersvr.exe, no other functions will be able to be performed until the connection is terminated by pressing Alt+F4 on the PC. Once the connections are established between the PC and the control, the PC (server) will display information about the redirected drives and printer ports that the control (client) has access to.

Step 1:At the root directory (C:> prompt) of the PC, type the following: C:> cd\dos C:>DOS> intersvr

Note: If "file not found" error occurs, you will need to copy the intersvr program from the Centroid Control to a 31/2" floppy as described below, and from the floppy to your computer. For Windows 95 users, this program can be placed on the desktop.

1. From the main screen of the control; Press CTRL+ALT+X to exit CNC7.
    2. Type the following: copy c:\dos\intersvr.exe a:\intersvr.exe ENTER.
    3. You can run the program from the floppy disk or copy it to the hard drive.

*Your PC (screen shot goes here)

Step 2:

From the control, press F2 - Load and F3 - Remote. You are now reading from the hard drive on your PC server and are able to load the files created on the off-line PC. The PC will display the redirected drive information as shown here. Terminate the connection by pressing Alt+F4 at your PC.

Use the chart below to make your own RS232 Null Modem Cable.
    9 pin 25 pin 25 pin 9 pin
    2 3 2 3 RX - TX
    3 2 3 2 TX - RX
    4 20 6 6 DTR - DSR
    5 7 7 5 GND - GND
    6 6 20 4 DSR - DTR
    7 4 5 8 RTS - CTS
    8 5 4 7 CTS - RTS

The path that the control uses is E:\cnc7\ncfiles by default. You can change the path that the control uses in the control configuration menu (F3 - Config, F1 - Control)

and here is marc's NWDNC

easier to use. CNC Services Northwest click on products

NWDNC

RS232 communications for DOS-based controls.

Receive job files (G codes) from any standard RS232 DNC sender: Cimco, Predator, Extreme DNC, Mastercam, Virtual Gibbs, etc.. No need for INTERLNK and INTERSVR, so no problems with Windows 9x and FAT32.

With two keystrokes, your Centroid control is ready to receive the job. When the complete job has been received, it is automatically loaded and ready to run: just measure your tool lengths, set part zero, and go.

NWDNC can also send the current job back out to the DNC station. This is important if you maintain proven jobs in a central storage location.

View NWDNC User's Manual

Make a Null Modem Cable

NWDNC software: $120

Thanks that software looks like what i need for good price will call him tomorow.

Hi I still have problem with my control can't get 3.5 floopy drive to work I have tryed all I no not very good with dos the 3.5 was on B drive moved to A no good changed floopy drive with new still want work the control will not find the drive I can boot with disk in drive I think something is wrong with control what is dos comand to find A drive or do these controls use B drive.

at the dos prompt type a: or b: then press enter

Tryed that typed b: it gives me a failure reading drive b

I usually use "dir a:" and/or "dir b:". There are fewer steps to get back to the DOS prompt in case of errors that way.

When you type "dir a:", does the activity LED on the floppy drive light up?

When you type "dir b:", does the activity LED on the floppy drive light up?

When you write:
    I can boot with disk in drive
    do you mean you can boot up the system from a DOS boot floppy, or do you mean you can boot from the internal hard drive, even though there may be a floppy disk in the floppy drive?

If the latter, that is normal. We usually set the "boot order" option in the Advanced CMOS Setup screen to "C, A" just for this situation. People often leave floppy disks in the drive, and we don't want that to interfere with starting up the system.

When I type b: in dos promt the drive light is lighting up but then shows error I wil try dir b: and see what that works.
    also my cmos is set A C and the control will boot with any disk in drive not boot disc maybe my drive is bad the one I replaced is old one ordered new one last night maybe it will work.

In the Advanced CMOS Setup screen, look for a "swap floppy drive" option. Toggle it to "Enabled". While you are at it, change the boot order to "C, A".

Try a few different floppy disks. Also, try formatting a disk using the control's floppy drive (e.g. "format b:" or "format a:", depending on whether you have swapped the floppy drive or not).

I got it working today it was bad disk I was using put G code on new disk and it loaded fine thanks so much for all the help time to make some chips now.