585,712 active members*
3,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Beginning Mastercam Q&A
Page 1 of 2 12

Beginning Mastercam Q&A

Hello all thought I would post about a FREE Webinar that you might want to see and be able to ask Mastercam questions to other Mastercam users and teachers.

Join us for a Mastercam demonstration and Q&A

Jay Kramer teaches CNC Programming with Mastercam at College of the Canyons in Valencia California and provides manufacturing consulting as the founder of Precision Programming Consulting services.
    cadcam

Jay will demonstrate cutting a cam follower around a cylindrical profile using multi-axis toolpaths.

Mike Whitten is an industry professional with 30 years experience and provides CNC Programming services and tooling design using SolidWorks. He is the founder of CAD/CAM Contractors. [email protected]

Mike will demonstrate the new stock model recognition in Mastercam X6

Derek Goodwin teaches CNC Programming at DeAnza College in Cupertino California and is the founder of eapprentice.net

Following the presentation Jay, Mike and Derek will answer your Mastercam questions.

If you have specific questions, please email them to us ahead of time, this will help us prepare and keep the meeting moving along quickly.

Send your questions or Mastercam files to [email protected]

Below is the link to registrar if you like.

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/686004936
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

fourth axis simultaneous part you did was well presented. you were very well prepared and it showed through out. excellent work!

Thanks Joe I hope you found it informative.Thanks for joining the Webinar.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Sorry I missed it I got tied up this evening.

Was the webinar recorded? I havent been on the internet in a while and of course I am a day late.

Quote Originally Posted by converterk View Post
    Was the webinar recorded? I havent been on the internet in a while and of course I am a day late.
    Yeah. They never record these things. So, if you have other things happening in your life, you just miss out.

actually it was supposed to be send an email [email protected] requesting a copy.
    TXCNCMAN did you watch?
    Cadcam

No, I had a family situation to attend to at that time. Will there be a repeat soon? Or will be on different topic?

Here is a link to a zipped file that contains a EXE file that opens into a Video from Machine sim in Mastercam. this is the Machine sim of the part I programmed during this session and showed.
    When the video is playing you can move and stop and all kinds of options on this file.

http://www.mastercam.us/camdemo.zip
    Cadcam

Cool. Now this is something that should actually be helpful.

Actually, no help for me. Execution failed error.

Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    Cool. Now this is something that should actually be helpful.

Actually, no help for me. Execution failed error.
    worked ok here. it is the mastercam machine simulation of what he did. it is helpful for visual verification of what the machine should do. say should because mastercam machine simulation does not simulate actual g code. highlight of webinar for me was his programming of 4 axis simultaneous part step by step on the fly with no video speed up tricks and no video editing. many well described descriptions on topics like ramping on and off and other detailed descriptions related to the programing of 5 axis restricted to 4 axis output. would pay if he did a series of 4 and 5 axis videos. would pay $25 just for the one he did in webinar. all content from cadcam in webinar. no bull$%it.

did you extract it from the zipped file and double click the exe file?
    I can rezip it and load it again the file should be just over 22 mb download and 23.1 after unzipping.
    Cadcam

Yes. Extracted to its own folder. Then executed from that folder.

Execution failed with error 193: (null)

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    did you extract it from the zipped file and double click the exe file?
    I can rezip it and load it again the file should be just over 22 mb download and 23.1 after unzipping.
    why not just make a camtasia video of it? i can if you don't want to so he can see it.

Joe a little busy right now sorry. just got off the phone anther shop needs help with splitting molds and I have to get so 5axis work done for tomorrows customer..if it is not one thing it is another.
    Cadcam

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Joe a little busy right now sorry. just got off the phone anther shop needs help with splitting molds and I have to get so 5axis work done for tomorrows customer..if it is not one thing it is another.
    hope webinar host will make saturdays presentation available soon so those who missed it can see it. glad i made time to see it! want to start doing 4 simultaneous and 5th axis work. do not do any now.

Hey everybody, thank you for attending the webinar and for the comments. I spent two hours after the webinar answering emails from people who were very happy to have the opportunity to watch the presentations and to ask questions from the presenters.

Jay you were fantastic, I must say.

The webinar was recorded. I will find some time over the next several days to edit it down a bit, and maybe see if I can find a way to add markers or a table of contents so that you can fast forward to the good bits.

We got a great response from this forum, watch this thread and I will post up a link to the webinar as soon as it is ready.

Mastercam Training Online

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Goodwin View Post
    Hey everybody, thank you for attending the webinar and for the comments. I spent two hours after the webinar answering emails from people who were very happy to have the opportunity to watch the presentations and to ask questions from the presenters.

Jay you were fantastic, I must say.

The webinar was recorded. I will find some time over the next several days to edit it down a bit, and maybe see if I can find a way to add markers or a table of contents so that you can fast forward to the good bits.

We got a great response from this forum, watch this thread and I will post up a link to the webinar as soon as it is ready.

Thanks. This is all I was asking for was an option.

Wbinar Video

Hey everybody The edited version is here

4th Axis Mastercam Video

Enjoy!

Sorry I missed it... Making cam lobes is somthing I'll need to do before long, so perfect topic. Downloading the file, so hope to check out shortly.

Page 1 of 2 12