585,578 active members*
4,009 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

S03 alarm on mitsubishi

hello,
    can anyone help me with th emeaning for this alarm on my mitsubishi control;

S03 SERVO ALARM 005F Z AXIS

i cant find any reference to this message in my manual...

cheers
    mike

Hello Mike,
    I don't have a listing of a 5F alarm either. If you look in your electrical cabinet the Z axis amp should be displaying an alarm code as well. What is the drive saying? What model is the drive?
    Lee
    PS- A 700/70 Series Handbook says that a S03 005F alarm is the external contactor points are welded together. This could be an external or could be the internal contactor. Also I have seen the scr bad and the red DC Buss indicator lite on the base of the drive is not on. Or it could be on as soon as power is applied to the machine but the servo ready signal is not enabled yet. Something to that effect. Check out the power circuit on the Z axis drive to be sure nothing is amuck.

hi, check out the pic, this is the Z drive. It shows an SF message. Something to do with signal from the motor encoder maybe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails drive pic.jpg  

Hi Mike,
    I was adding info to my original post when you posted the picture. I found a 5F alarm in the MDS manual. It mentions the external contactor being welded. I guess anything along those lines as the contact points being stuck or a dead short in the amp base unit. Good luck to you. Prolly gonna have to shotgun the drive. Hope not.
    Lee

ok, thanks, i will check it out and post the result.

cheers

Here is the page out of the manualPages from MDS-B-SVJ2.pdf

great, thanks for that.

cheers

turns out this alarm is pointing to a fault in the Drive. Have replaced the drive and all good again.

Re: S03 alarm on mitsubishi

I have a very similar issue with my 1995 Supermax Max-1 Rebel I just picked up, it’s got a Mitsubishi meldas m3 controller and I finally got the power supply from the 3ph rotary and flipped the switch, heard a pop fizz! Noise and saw smoke, but couldn’t pinpoint the location, but the machine powered up and seems to be operational, so I let it go, turn on the NC, and it works, the screen showing S03 SERVO ALARM :NR 0057 I check the box and on the RF203 I get F157, F257, F357, and can now see a transistor? I believe, on board RF23. Video on my Imgur https://imgur.com/gallery/T4a7jKV