585,987 active members*
4,559 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Can Vcarve pro apply a textured toolpath following a spline?

Can Vcarve pro apply a textured toolpath following a spline?

Or do I need Aspire?

Forrest

Re: Can Vcarve pro apply a textured toolpath following a spline?

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest C View Post
    Or do I need Aspire?

Forrest
    Forrest,

See attached video it may answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTlRXNFma30

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I've watched every video I could find and cannot find an answer on how to do it. I have drawn a curved spline and selected it as an open vector while in the textured toolpath screen. It gives me an error and says it cannot use the open vector. It then applies the texture in a linear path. This is what Artcam can do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggJYOl0N7p4

I think this is possible in Vcarve pro but do not know for sure.

Forrest

I don't see any option for the texture to follow a path.
    Not in Aspire either, which is what I'm using.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Question Artcam Express? WTH over

Forrest,

You originally asked "Can Vcarve pro apply a textured toolpath following a spline?
    Or do I need Aspire?"

What the heck does Artcam have to do with that question?

If you want the same exact Texture Toolpath features as Artcam Express purchase Artcam Express and the additional modules that are required.

Vcarve Pro does not have the same features as the Artcam Express Texture module however,
    you can use the array tool in Vcarve Pro and setup open vectors that Vcarve Pro's Texture toolpath will follow.

See the attached link for details.

Vectric Forum ? View topic - "Use selected vectors as pattern" option in texture toolpath

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Jalessi, I don't understand the irritable tone in your post but I'll try and explain in more detail.

I thought I had seen a video of Vcarve Pro doing a splined textured toolpath similar to the feature in ArtCam. That is why I posted the video, so I wouldn't have to go round and round trying to explain the same thing in different ways. This way (with the video of ArtCam) you didn't have to interpret what I was asking.

When's the last time you bought a piece of software without asking questions or comparing the features with other comparable software?

I did finally find the (Vcarve Pro) video I was looking for and at the end it explained how to do what I need. It seems as though they don't know you can use the "distort" feature with the "textured toolpath" feature.

Thanks for everyone's replies, Forrest

Forrest,

Sorry for the irritable post however this is a Vectric thread and I spent a considerable amount of time preparing and researching answers to your Vcarve Pro question.

After returning to post the information, I was surprised to see the unrelated Artcam comparison added to the thread.

You were using the "Vector Select" improperly, causing the error message.

Comparing the step by step functionality of Artcam Express to Vcarve Pro may be part of the reason why you made the mistake.

Is it possible for you to post the solution so future members might benefit?

Jeff...